Monday, April 8, 2024

I changed my mind!

 The title says it all. I had that monster box from Daryl back in February staring me in the face and leading into the weekend was sort through and pick out maybe 500 cards to post over a week. The feeling of that dauntless task never left. So I changed my mind.... forget about it.... moving on. Sure there were deals on some cards that you will not see here, but it's not like I can't come up with a handful of posts without it. So Gone nada zippo. 

Instead I have enough material to cover the lost territory so to speak. I'll start with this very very short post tonight regarding my trip over to Ormond last week. I actuall only stayed for 2.5 hours. I grabbed my raffle drawing winning item, boxed up a dime box (mainly 2024 Topps and didn't scan them either...no need), some 24' Big league Braves, and I bought one high end card.



Because I just bought these cards a few days before the Jax show I wound up doubling up on the blue Riley...Oops. Maybe I should have scanned these cards last week when I brought them home. 



 

 Now for the high end card.




Good deal on this card. 


Now onto the raffle prize.





JSA certified mini helmet Andre Dawson. The dust sure shows up on that Cubs helmet. Probably better kept in a box type holder. But for now I'll just have to dust it off once in awhile. 


As for the Jax show I did what I told y'all I would do, not buy too much unless it was just too good a deal to pass on. More on that tomorrow.


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic autos! That Austin Riley BL is a nice one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick-ups! I'll tune in tomorrow for the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed at the lack of dupes you get or mention despite the quantity of cards that you constantly have coming in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning that Dawson helmet. And it's always nice when you get to add a Chipper auto to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the sort of thing that I would go for, but the signed helmet is neat.

    ReplyDelete