Wednesday, April 17, 2024

1966 Batman.

 When it comes to non sports cards I tend to like the vintage cards especially that from my birth year: 1966. I've made a habit of scooping up any 1966 Batman cards from the cheap boxes for the last fifteen years or so. It didn't matter if they were black bat, blue bat, or red bat series. There is also a couple that don't fit into those sets or categories too.


I kept these cards over the years in a stack setting somewhere within my house. Well, last show in Jax, Daryl had a box of them. Misc. black, blue, and red bats. I counted them there was exactly 100 cards. I made a deal with a little back and forth. I brought them home, and decided to finally put them into a binder. Over the course of about a week I will show the cards as they are in the binder starting tonight. 




The first page in the binder are just three cards from the Bat Laffs set. I only have three cards, and you can see which ones I have. 




The second page begins the Black Bat series. I purposely scanned the cards in the pages so that you can tell which cards I am missing. 



I have also scanned the cards backs so that you can read the story lines.








Many of you already know that I am not a fan of horizontal cards, just not my thing. This probably wouldn't be as big of an issue for me when EVERY card is oriented the same way. This set is not including the backs.









I am going to stop here for the night. I have more from the Black Bat series.


4 comments:

  1. WHAM!! THUD!! Na Na Na Na....... Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these so much. I got a couple examples for my kids because they still treat Batman 66 as the one true Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous set. Picked up a few of my favorites back in 2016 on COMC. I kinda dropped the ball. Should have bought the guy's inventory. Best of luck with your set build.

    ReplyDelete