Monday, April 29, 2024

Meely Pops: part 1

 I apologize for skipping a couple of posts, just didn't feel like posting. In fact I am heading out of town next week and will skip a few more as well. With that said I had went to Gainesville (Home of the Gators) last week and stopped in to one of the two Meely Pops card shops. I really don't go that often once twice a year as there really isn't the kind of deals that get my blood pumping. That isn't to say I don't buy anything. I do like lending a hand to LCS brick & mortar shops. This trip I spent a whopping $20.00. I broke the handful of cards into 3 groups and will post as such this week. No high end cards here obviously. I pulled a dozen dime cards and the rest came out of the .50 boxes which are the predominant selection of singles in this store.



Here we have a smattering of Braves from the 1993 Rockies edition Topps (and a couple more below).



I had no idea whether or not I needed any of the Braves cards that I bought.




That is the Braves Topps brand cards that I picked up. Now let's see how many of them I actually needed.

1993 Topps: I needed all of them which is awesome as I did have several already. Those were the dime cards that I bought (11 of them anyway). I still need roughly half of the Braves team.


2010 Topps Chrome refractors: I needed the Hicks. 

2012 Topps Update Gold Sparkle: nope....didn't need it.

2012 Topps Chrome purple. nope again.

2023 Topps Chrome Pink: nope (now I can use them though maybe (the Olson PC and possibly the Pink collection).  

2023 Topps Chrome Sepia: needed the Albies.

End result of the above definitely 13/20 were Braves team set needs and 1 possible PC need and 1 maybe 2 mini collection needs. So 15 of the 20 cards shown tonight fall into the PLUS column and 5 straight to the dupes boxes.

Have a great night. tomorrow I'll bring on the rest of the Braves.



2 comments:

  1. Meely Pops sounds like a really gross candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that all the time. Go to a card store, see some cards I like, buy them and when I get home I've already got the cards. I've got enough different collections in the works that it's hard to remember what I have and don't have.

    ReplyDelete