Monday, April 8, 2024

OMG! 2ND POST: SPECIAL EDITION HANK AARON TRIBUTE

 Oh my goodness, I forgot about my annual tribute to this day! Here it is, and it is a long one for you new followers.


































Can't believe I nearly forgot to post this. Now a connected/related item is a book that came in the other day from Mr. Riley. I forgot what the deal was, but here is that book.




Well, the back cover. The front has a fellow named Nolan Ryan on it. The Sporting News official 1974 Baseball record book.


Thanks. 

6 comments:

  1. Darn good reason for two posts. Got to be my favorite player of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those old newspaper clippings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. They were talking about Al Downing during yesterday's Yankee game, how he handled it so well and is an all-around gentleman.

    I wonder if it was September, and pennant races were involved, and not April, if they would have been sitting Aaron for road games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonds may have the record now, but he'll never get this level of respect and admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Sporting News book was the one I purchased off of eBay for you. I found a copy at the flea market last month that I'm sending to another blogger... but though you would appreciate a copy for your collection as well.

    ReplyDelete