Monday, December 18, 2023

Double Bubble anyone?

 I feel the title is an appropriate one as this is part two of the Bubble Gum Franken-set. I would like to make mention of something that I should have stated with the previous bubble gum post. When I started collecting them about 10 years ago, I gathered up whatever sport was showing the gum. I have whittled them down to just BASEBALL cards. Although when I redid the binder for this series I found three that didn't belong. I have (as of the scanning of the binder) 252 baseball bubble gum cards. I do have a little stack building that I'll need to check against my list in the New Year. I also just today got a PWE from the Bob of "The Best Bubble" blog. BTW he has over 1200 counting all the sports (I was never close to that before I dispersed the non baseball..... maybe 400 tops). Bob had my list so I can bet I got some new to me ones (now they might be in that stack I'm building). 


Let's get get the next 44 cards out.












Alrighty then. Time to pick the winner of the night. With that said round 1 obviously has to go to Bevacqua. Even though several others were in the running.... sort of. Who will win round 2? 

I'd also like to address the giveaway winners from last week. I said there would be three randomized winners. There were only 4 commenters one of which I had already decided to send some of those style cards to. So Mark you have some mixed in the stacks I'm building for you. That leaves Jeremy who will be here tomorrow to gets his and I'll mail out Sharp and RJ cards to them.

Next Monday is Christmas and I have my annual tidbit to do. Likewise the following week Monday January 1st will also have an annual post to get done leaving three weeks for Bubble Gum #3.



9 comments:

  1. December 18, 2023: The day I learned about franken-sets. Kind of fun. I collect football, so I had no idea how many bubble-blowing cards there were out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Griffey with backwards cap on the Studio card was a solid one.
    Looking forward to hanging out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked the Baines Triple Play card but I'm voting the Stadium Club Bo because he actually looks angry blowing a bubble and that's tough to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recently added the Baines Triple Play card to my collection... although it's a very unique addition. You'll have to see my post. As for my vote... it goes to the SI for Kids Bagwell. In fact... all of the in game action bubble blowing shots are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff Bagwell with a bubble on SI for Kids is a fun combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough to pick, but the Jack Armstrong is kind of a unique pose for a bubble shot so I'm going with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baines has the biggest bubble, and deserves my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Bags wins in even though 3 liked the Baines TP, only 1 voted for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to believe that at least 1,200 cards showing someone blowing a bubble have been produced over the years.

    ReplyDelete