Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Card show cards..... finally. Maybe...... plus the FREE FREE FREE stuff

I really don't want to post this, but I have to. My Uncle passed away this afternoon. I'm not doing as well as I thought that I would. That's not really important. The thing that is important is that my Uncle is no longer suffering. I'll be taking him up to Woodstock, GA tomorrow, well he is being transported and I will drive up the following day I think. (8 + hour ride). I have plenty (of course) scans to post so that will still proceed as usual. So will the daily giveaways, however there will be a delay in mailing them. I typically have already mailed them before the winner is posted. I will be back after the funeral (some time next week) and mail out all that are due. May he R.I.P. and may God bless his soul.....it was/is one of the greatest.


Okay we have made it through the ComC order, still have the last SportLots order too.

I want to start off the September card show with the Braves that I pulled from the (4) monster boxes that I am saying it now were an absolute crap waste of my money. Not to mention 4x higher cost than I am used too with bulk buys. In fact I rubbed it in the guys face that I bought 6 more monster boxes for $20.00. Those were amzing and I can hardly wait to get to that stuff. 

So clearly, I want to rid my scan files from everything I bought from the 4 box guy. I also made another over priced purchase from him too. Those will be another post soon like maybe tomorrow.


These are the Braves that I pulled out of the 4 boxes combined. Not that I needed them. I did need the first 6 for sure.




On second thought, I did check and needed these either for my Braves or a set build. Still nothing big. 





That is it for the Braves. I did get a bunch of set build needs but hardly worth the price I paid. Teaches me trying to be nice to the new guy. I could have bought all of these for .18 give or take off SL. In fact there are a few of these that were in that huge SL box order that I waited until I cleared up all of the ComC and Card show stuff. Well, sort of cleared up. I am still updating my web page want lists and should be done with that in the next day or two. Then the tedious task of updating all of the collections on TCDB. 

Last night's free cards winner was: John Sharp


17 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your uncle died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I'm glad he's no longer suffering. Having never met him, I really enjoyed hearing all about him here on the blog. He seemed like a huge part of your life. Condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss, John. You really went above and beyond taking good care of him in his twilight years. Us readers have been following along for a long time and it's impressive he stuck it out so long. R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, so sorry to hear about your Uncle. Glad he is not suffering.
    Don’t worry about the giveaways or cards. All of that can wait.
    Please don’t consider me for any of the contests until you are ready to get back to normal, and I’d like to submit that anyone commenting for a while just hold off on entering giveaways until John gives us the ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry John. You took great care of him, and, yes, it's very important to know that the suffering is over. Best wishes over the next few days and weeks ... Love that Mathews Swell card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say the 93 OPC is nice to see.
    Condolences to you and your family for your uncle. I've lost two aunts, and one hit me harder than the other.. I know what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

    Those 4 in 1 Archives cards are neat. Frustrating when you don't get much out of a large lot of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this. Clearly your uncle was a special person and you too had a wonderful bond. R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uncle's are the best. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your loss John. Will keep you in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Take the time you need with your family and for yourself. If your escape happens to be in the form of cards, we'll be here for you. But please don't feel an obligation. In the end, it's a hobby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Family comes first, sir. Condolences on your loss, but know you did your best and he's in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for your loss. I know you cared for him greatly the last few years. Wishing you and your family peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My deepest condolences to you on your uncle's passing. The amount of love and care you showed for him on your posts was always a pleasure to read. Take care of yourself, and your uncle will be in my prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He was very fortunate to have a nephew like you. Most modern people wouldn't have done what you did for a parent, let alone an uncle. The good news is that you'll see each other again someday, although hopefully that'll be many (many) years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry for your loss John. I'm glad you've shared some of your memories of him with us. You are one heck of a nephew always looking out for him and his well-being.

    ReplyDelete