Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Another complete set or two the hard way.

 I completed a couple (update) 5 more high end sets. I've worked hard recently getting cards to mark off of the now 16 excel spread sheets (1 for each high end brand). Normally, I would be picking this is a an extremely slow fashion, snagging them from dime or quarter boxes. But, lately I hit up all of the online options: ComC, Sport Lots (huge stack waiting in those inventories still), even hit Ebay up for some large lots like this one. 




I picked up a 211 card lot from Ebay. The seller wanted $169.00 and I offered $125.00 with the free shipping. That cost me roughly .59 each card.  Which is more than I usually pay for these cards except for the "stars". No problem taking down a Pujols for example for .50. But I wanted to really get some of this stuff done so that I can binder them up or at least start the process.

The cards above are Topps Tribute and that is the kind of cards I was expecting. However, I wasn't expecting so many cards from the 2014 set which I have completed (it's okay they go to the PC). I also didn't expect the following.





These cards were in the lot, I never seen them before or at least didn't pay attention to them. They are insert and really nice. They will go to the PC.





The backs had a nice write up on them so I scanned them too.





Same with this set. 





Obviously I've seen the Canvas Collection (pair at bottom) before, but the other three are like the first insert set above. If I subtract these cards from the total that means I paid .79 a piece which is getting to the danger zone, typically I would only go .75 ish for a Brave I needed or a really special player SP type card.

Alas, I am not unhappy with the purchase far from it. The rest of the cards really did do some damage to those high end sets. I'll spread the lot over several posts winding up with 5 additional posts for the 5 sets that were completed.


Have a great night.



4 comments:

  1. That's more high-end cards in one place than I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if there were any other 2014 Topps Tribute in that eBay lot, but if you have Trout, Jeter, Kershaw, Harper, or Puig... I'd be happy to buy them from you. Those are the final five cards I need for my set build.

    P.S. Received a padded envelope from you today. I have some Braves that I need to send your way. It probably won't happen until after my buddy's card show in early August though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was all of the 2014 Tribute in the lot. But will keep an eye out.

      Delete