Wednesday, July 20, 2022

A quick one from the 211, then a gripe

 Just a quick one tonight. 




A handful more Tribute.







The last two cards there are from a different Tribute set. 



I'll wrap up this Ebay lot tomorrow.

Now to the gripe. Did you see the soon to be released 2022 Topps Chrome Cosmic? Yeah, basically it is just Bowman's Best (of recent years) with the Topps Chrome logo. $290.00 for a box. I'm telling you, nuts. There better not be a Bowman's Best release this year, so I can put a fork in that run of high end sets. 


8 comments:

  1. You get props for attempting to build all of these high end sets. I'd never even attempt it had I not stumbled across huge lots of certain sets. As for the Chrome Cosmic... I hadn't heard of it until this post. But I'm not surprised. Topps pumps out as many products as it can and it seems like there's enough interest by breakers and collectors to continue doing so. As for me... I'd rather put the $290 towards dime box purchases and set completions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tribute cards are nice. Those base always get overlooked since people buy those sets for the big hits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like finding the left over base from the hit seekers.

      Delete
  3. Just wait a few years for the flippers to run out of people to flip to, and get tired of holding on to cards that they can't make money off of, and will want to sell for a fraction of the price to get rid of them. 5-10 years, my guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm figuring the flippers and the dealers pricing will take a fall by Christmas this year. There's gonna be a big big economic crisis by then. much worse than right now.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of Cosmic either but my guess is Bowman's Best will be released too. Really enjoying the cards though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after re-looking at them they look like last years finest set.

      Delete