Saturday, December 14, 2013

OOPS, I did it again AGAIN


Well,  this morning I went off to one of the flea markets. And............ It was slow there, usually is according the vendors this same weekend every year due to a couple of Christmas parades keep people away. I looked for the vintage guy, not there. Looked for the guy who sold me that Mantle auto card, not there either. Good thing my old friend was there (BOB, the one I've known for 20 years). Anyways, I hung out at his booth for a few hours, and picked through all of his stuff that wasn't out, hidden in cubbies and boxes, buried covered up, forgotten about by all.

Bob was having a tough day, made $5.00 profit for the day (not counting the rent there). So I figured I'd help him out again. I started picking out the boxes all dusty and full of of junk wax cards for the most part. Picked out some non-sports sets, and a bunch of oddball baseball sets like 1985 Topps Boardwalk and Baseball Collector's edition "all time record holders". Really nice, some of you will find out soon. I also picked up a 1987 Limited edition Fleer award winners set. Again some will have some soon.

I picked up umm maybe 10,000 cards today too, oops I did it again, AGAIN! I know I said I wasn't going to do that again, but $30.00 for everything, plus he's coming over after the Holidays to bring me about 50 vintage Braves and a box full of Falcons for some of my Jeter cards. I can live with that too.

I did actually pick up some junk wax, but after setting aside everyones' hit list and mini's. I can't really call it junk anymore, at least not until I get rid of everything piled up on my living room floor. LOL.  A lot of it actually is already earmarked for traders.

With that said, I have been sending a lot of PWEs out to fellow traders/bloggers from my "boxes" and will continue to do so. But, forgive me if you get something that isn't actually a "hit" or in my norm. What I mean is that I still have stacks and PWEs lined up for those whom I trade with already, but I will be sending a lot of this stuff I got today to you also. Keep in mind I still only want in return what you feel fair. So please dig through whatever I send, you will find some GEMS.

One of the so called "junk boxes" was a 1989 Topps vending box 500 count. On the outside of the box was written commons and the box had a $5.00 sticker on it, under normal circumstance thats not too bad. Of course I only paid about $2.00 for it. But by no means would I call what was inside commons. It was all the super stars, and of  course commons. Nonetheless,  couldn't go wrong there for $2 ish.

Another $2.00 box was 1992 Donruss series I set. Let me just say if you have mini collections you should revisit that set, and some of you will find out soon what I am talking about.

Another $2.00 a piece for two complete sets of 1991 "Rockcards" with stickers included, pretty cool stuff if you like the Rock Bands from the 80s and 90s.

Another $2.00 for a box on 89 Fleer (no Jr, and no Ripken), but still not bad for $2.00.

All in all I say I picked up 8 more non sport sets from DC comic sets to American Gladiator sets at a buck each. I also picked a box of 2012 Score football $5.00, and a armful of  "boxed lots" at a buck each too. these were all kinds of cards, and good ones I might add like Topps Chrome and Finest, etc.....

This time I am not putting them into my sytem, just going to trade em away and put whats left in a trade box.

Until later............




3 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I lived in a place that had those kinds of flea markets! Been looking for that All-Time Record Holders set for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WENT BACK TO THAT FLEA MARKET AND PICKED YOU UP A SET. WILL BE AWHILE AS I ALREADY HAVE ENVELOPED UP A STACK FOR YOU. MAILED 2 PWES FRIDAY, AND WILL DO ANOTHER TOMORROW

      Delete