Thursday, August 8, 2024

Going for the GOLD.

 Thought I would make a play at the Olympics. No, I am not watching them. I haven't for years. I gave up a long time ago when farting became an Olympic Sport. Obviously I'm kidding there, but you know what I mean. 



Right up front this is GOLD. Now, I did already supposedly have this one and in fact I was supposed to have two of this one. A couple months back I was going through some of my Braves and set builds and it wasn't there. I checked the PC too, nope both gone. So I had to get one (from COMC) and hopefully the others will turn up in time. The "third" copy won't be wasted should I find them as it could be used for the PC. Braves team, the set build, and PC will be all square then.  Meanwhile I feel better.

Now if you are one that likes the vintage POST cereal cards, hang tight as there will be an entire post before the end of the month (apx). That post will come from the many posts from the Jacksonville card show this month. Tonight, however will be more from the most recent gets in the COMC package.


 


I hit the Kenner Starting Lineup cards for my Braves team sets.



That 1990 Tom Glavine is not the normal (blue back) SLU card. No, it is a black back and is not listed on TCDB, it is no thinner than the other cards, the only difference is the black back and it is hand cut. When I inquired at TCDB why they didn't list the black back copies, I was told because it was a sell sheet/poster and they didn't count them. I for one know that is a crock, because they do on several others, many in fact have sell sheets and other cut outs. They again, said it is considered a poster and they don't do posters. Hog Wash... You can not see or feel any difference between the "regular" 1990 SLU cards and this one other than the color of ink on the back.  Needless to say I still need the blue back Glavine, and now I want the Justice and Avery black back cut outs.




Along with the Braves SLU cards I added some new to me Braves cards too. The Pafko auto was a steal. My mind is fading as it has been a long time since I was adding these cards to my inventory over there, but if I recall I didn't pay more than $2.00 for any card except for one), and most were under a buck. OH look, another 75' Capra buyback (recently received one from Night Owl).




Added quite a few Acuna cards to the collection.



I finally pulled the trigger on that 2023 Topps Chrome Acuna #39 that was MVP guy $12-25.00 for the longest time, but no way will I pay that for a base card, and I didn't. This is that one card and I paid $6.00.



I added 6 Braves Holiday variations, and if you like that extreme difficult sub set build I'll have more tomorrow. Just not the Braves. That will close out this ComC order or at least what I am posting. I already have 123 cards in my inventory again, so looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on shipping again real soon.

Have a good night. Be safe!

8 comments:

  1. Love the Starting Lineups. I really need to get cracking on those.

    And yeah I don't understand TCDB with some mods being massively anti-variants and others making the 1989/1990 Donruss CLs basically useless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice POST Aaron from my birth year. 1962 GOLD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Finest die cut of Hank Aaron is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've seen those black/pink/blue starting lineup cards. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting those four holiday cards together makes it look like a big blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. Hope you eventually find those two Post Hank Aaron cards. I'd be stressed out if I went looking for them and they were missing.

    B. TCDB should just add them those sell sheet cards. You are definitely not the only one out there who collect them (I do too). I absolutely love anything Kenner SLU related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A) I'm sure they'll show up sometime.
      B) They list cut outs from the wax box bottom, so not just the sheets, but the cut outs too. I get it if they were paper thin like poster are, but they are not, same thickness as a regular card.

      Delete
  7. I'm always down for Post and SLU content. And I had no idea that Andy Pafko had any certified autographs out there. That's a really neat card to have.

    ReplyDelete