Tuesday, August 6, 2024

A COMC order. Lots of discs.

 Still a bit wet around here. I didn't do it.... Debby done it. Actually, the sun came out about 3 hours ago. Windy (very) but nice outside.



I am pretty sure that I already owned the intact Pepsi Jeff Burroughs. It was cheap, so I got it anyways along with the single disc.




The discs above are mini discs.



There are the backs of three of those Burger Chef (still need the other 6).

The second row is the standard mini Wiffle backs, however that Gary Matthews on the bottom which is cut poorly. Notice is says "softball". I really wish the person who cut it out had be paying attention to the back to include the whole back.



Back to the big discs.




There are just so many different ones out there. Some I have never seen. I did already have several but these were all new to me except maybe the glove at the top.

My COMC order was sizeable as it had been sitting there for a long time. I asked to ship early last month, and was given an expected shipment date of September. I got it on 7/27 I think. It was a Thursday the same day I went over to Ormond. Definitely a good day for cards.

I'll break up the remaining cards from this order into two posts, and no I didn't scan everything.


7 comments:

  1. Discs are cool, the old ones at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old discs. The Messersmith Braves discs were, I think, the first cards to show his team change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool old discs. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They remind me of milk caps a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A. Normally lack of logos kinda bug me... but these discs are an exception to the rule. I like how there are a bunch of different backs. I feel like it provides a challenge to collectors... even in the internet era. I haven't done it yet... but I've though about picking a player and trying to hunt down as many as possible.

    B. Sounds like COMC has hired some new people to help out. You're the third blogger to mention receiving their COMC order earlier than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty cool!

    Hope you made it through the storm ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy Messersmith as a Brave will never not seem weird to me.

    ReplyDelete