Thursday, August 15, 2024

Kyle's shop: Part 3: The dollar boxes.

 Alright, made it through the first half and now to start the last half. I grabbed quite the stack from the dollar boxes knowing I would be paying 3 for a buck. Even then some of the cards weren't that great of a deal, but many were a steal.









I had to start out with the new to me Braves.  The rest are not Braves.




Grabbed these females up and scanned the back so that you could read the bio.










I'm already tired of this insert set. Come on Topps, put those creative minds together to come up with some new stuff.






Neither of these inserts appeal to me.




This one either. Topps..... get it together. 

Tomorrow night I'll close out the cards from Kyle's shop with the dime box finds.


10 comments:

  1. I like the throwback Chrome inserts. The cards including the women in baseball are also great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those Dodger inserts are of no use to you, better send them to someone who knows how to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn those Women in Baseball cards are 3 for a buck now? I do like that set and wish there were more than 5 but holy moly that's pretty rough.

    And 100% agreed with you on the inserts being uninspiring. They've been bad for a while and are the main reason I don't buy packs now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. technically those women cards were a buck each. Kyle doesn't charge me that.

      Delete
  4. The Women in Baseball inserts are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2023 Chrome Platinum Anniversary parallels are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, gotta deduct points for not having the Around The Horn inserts lined up properly! They're supposed to make a triptych for each team! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good thing that card shops aren't relying on me to stay in business. I know that I'm still stuck on pre-Corona pricing, but these look like dime box fodder to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice cards as usual! Agree with you on the Stars of MLB inserts. They were a neat idea when it was a smaller subset now it seems everyone and their dog (hmm Ohtani's dog threw out first pitch last night) has a Stars card

    ReplyDelete