Friday, August 16, 2024

Kyle's shop: Part FOUR: The Dime boxes

 Alright we have made it through the week. All that is left for me to do is when that near $450 million Mega Millions tonight. Yeah, I could do that. In reality though it is the perfect time to close out the last trip to Ormond Beach. 

I nearly filled a 3K box, but it had plenty of room to throw in another hundred or so cards....maybe 200. I wasn't really worried about it as I actually went through 53 3K count boxes and blew through them in about 2 1/2 hours. I'd say I did good, at least made good time for sure. 


I did not scan the box, but did grab out some highlights.



Obviously, I showed you the Donruss set to start off the posts from Kyles shop, but these are my BRAVES.



Some more Braves pulled out of the dime boxes. To be clear, I actually paid a penny a card. Yeah, I did good!

Now for the non Braves.








I did not catch that Julio Franco had signed the back of this card until I scanned it! Definitely got my penny's worth there!






Crazy that some of these I actually doubled up on by pulling them from the dollar boxes too (paying .33) for those.









Gunnar Henderson rookie for a penny. (actually there are a few of them up there plus I pulled dupes too).


Have a great weekend folks. Next week I should start posting the Jacksonville card show from 2 weeks ago. But I will be starting the week with Star Wars and Wacky Packages I bought from Blowout Cards.


6 comments:

  1. Great pickups these last 4 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that Mosaic Bench card using his 1976T photo but clipping out that wonderful dirt cloud hurts something deep in my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went and looked at the 76T Bench. It's fairly similar but definitely not the same photo.

      Great pickups Johnny!

      Delete
  3. 2 and a half hours to blow through fifty 3k count boxes? That's some serious card skills. It'd take me that long to go through five of those boxes.

    Always look forward to Star Wars and Wacky Packages posts. By the way... you sent me some cool WP's. One of them was a 1991 starter set. I just received an order that completed the set. I was very stoked about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, pretty sure I just boxed up and sealed the balance of those stickers. Should be heading to the PO this coming week.

      Delete
  4. I even see a few Twins. I really like that Donruss Carew card! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete