Thursday, June 6, 2024

D-Day: Operation Neptune.

 June 6, 1944: D-Day as it has become known. World War II would soon be over. To think now we have to worry about WW3. Oh Lord please help us!


The Normandy landings were the landing operations and associated airborne operations on Tuesday, 6 June 1944 of the Allied invasion of Normandy in Operation Overlord during World War II. Codenamed Operation Neptune and often referred to as D-Day, it is the largest seaborne invasion in history. copied and pasted from wikipedia.


A brief pause here to let you know that I spent nearly 6 hours in the ER today with chest pains. Wait, apparently I am okay numerous tests the ticker and lungs are good. All the labs, x-rays, cat scans, repeat labs etc say nothing. The only diagnostic that could be made or assumed is that I somehow in my sleep strained (inflamed) the chest muscles. Go figure... It sucks because obviously it intermittently is still present, again sucks. "Should take a week or two to clear on its own" I can now add a memory of my own to D-Day.  



The June 6th photo below was copied from the Eisenhower Library.


June 6, 1944 - German prisoners rest in a barb-wired enclosure on Utah Beach after being interrogated by American soldiers

June 6, 1944 - German prisoners rest in a barb-wired enclosure on Utah Beach after being interrogated by American soldiers



June 6, 1944 - German prisoners rest in a barb-wired enclosure on Utah Beach after being interrogated by American soldiers
Photo from the Dwight D. Eisenhower Library page.



June 6, 1944 - German prisoners rest in a barb-wired enclosure on Utah Beach after being interrogated by American soldiers



7 comments:

  1. Whenever I think of D-Day, my mind immediately goes to Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. So many brave souls lost their lives eighty years ago.

    P.S. Six hours at the ER sounds terrible. Now that you're home, I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not, chest still hurts and now the pain level on my back is way up due to being captive that long. Miserable. But blessed it isn't anything serious, so they say.

      Delete
    2. Get some rest buddy and I wish you a speedy recovery.

      Delete
  2. Praying that the diagnosis is accurate and to get relief for your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you recover quickly and feel better soon! My grandfather was one of the many fortunate who survived that battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope and pray that everything turns out alright for you.

    D-Day was so important to the war. I don't know a ton of the whole operation, but I do know that it was genious.

    ReplyDelete