Friday, June 21, 2024

some odds and ends

 The other day when at KnT cards, I initially planned on getting one of the $20.00 boxes. After I filled 3/4 of a box with series 2 and Chrome Platinum I found another box 3/4 full of all series 2. I quickly decided yeah get it, then just fill up the boxes the best I could.

When doing that I am scouring the boxes rather quickly glancing for the eye catchers. This go around I grabbed a hundred or so recent Chrome Garbage pail Kids (no.... I don't collect them). I also found a few other products too.



There was a couple of boxes (3k ct) full of older A&G. I wish I had paid more close attention to them. Instead I grabbed a handful of thicker cards from in there. Low and behold I get home and they were 2006 & 2007.



Thinking now, with 2006 might have been a good idea to scoop up that box for $20.00 Oh well.




 Spotted this 2011 Braves Heyward bobble, had to get that. Anyway, I've got more odd ball picks for next week. Maybe Monday after I get back from Georgia. Have a great weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Chrome Garbage Pail Kids! I looked up to see if they make refractors too - yes they do! Long gone are the days when I used to have the stickers and would stick them to the wall in my room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you remember tossing them into my box, but you sent me a handful of those GPK cards. I paired names from that lot with my 2nd semester students (about 10 to 12 of them) and asked if they'd want them. They were a hit. I'm kind of surprised Topps decided to go the Chrome route... since the coolest thing about the originals is that they were stickers.

    ReplyDelete