Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Topps series two

 Howdy all. Yesterday I received my first series 2 cards in the mail. My first Braves series at that. They hail from just a bit south of me from fellow OCTer Bob. 




Right off the bat I noticed a couple of things that I was not aware of. For example the Statue of Liberty. Yep, Topps decided to go all out for series two and added 6 new parallels. In addition to the one above, fireworks, sun, waves, summer foil, and hotdogs. I didn't catch those when I inputted the checklist to my website or excel sheets. Rest assured it is now done. 

The 2nd thing that caught my eye is the Hank Aaron card is so warped I would actually call it twisted. How it managed to scan fine I have no idea. A non chrmium card warping, what the heck is going on. I wonder has anyone else out there seen any new warping? 

I am thinking about running over to Ormond and scoop up the dimebox series 2 cards tomorrow. Guess I'll see if it is a common thing.


Have a great night.





4 comments:

  1. I like the technology on the ‘89 inserts. Not usually a fan of parallel inserts, but those would be cool to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big fan of all of the different parallels Topps has been producing, but that Statue of Liberty one is kinda cool. At least you can tell what they're going for this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Topps has gone full-blown Panini. ... I won't be trying for those '89 wave things, maybe they look better in person but they sure don't on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to chase down a few of the Yankees with the Statue of Liberty.

    ReplyDelete