Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Wrapping up the wrappers

Wishing everyone in San Jose is okay. They had an earthquake today. 


 The winner last night was: John Sharp


Now let's wrap up these wrappers.




I'm not sure how many different wrappers the original Star Wars run had. I'm pretty sure I may have a yellow back home, just not positive.





I maybe that I had a yellow Jedi one.





Halloween, how appropriate.










Finishing it off with a pair of Wacky Packages wrappers. Hopefully y'all enjoyed the wrappers over the last 7 posts. I would say that it was $5.00 well spent. I really didn't need "another" collection, but hey it's got a great start. Now, for the good news, those aren't the only wrappers. There were lots of dupes. I have a bunch if interested reach out.



17 comments:

  1. Those Return of the Jedi wrappers bring back some fun memories.

    I think I remember Crazy Magazine Covers cards on your blog a while ago. It sure was a different time when you would have something like "Penhouse Magazine" on the wrapper of a product for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have duplicates of any of the non-sport wrappers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are. They are in storage right now due to cleaning out my uncle's house. I will remember you're interest when I get them home to Florida.

      Delete
    2. 86 that reply. I just pulled the dupe wrappers out and have them back at the house. They are all baseball.

      Delete
  3. Appreciate ya! Those Star Wars wrappers at tye top are really cool.
    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I know the Star Wars and ESB wrappers well, and of course Wackies! ... Never opened any Return of the Jedi cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite an amazing bunch of stuff. Definitely keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always got a good laugh out of the Wacky Packages.
    Some creative thinking in those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Star Wars wrappers are awesome! I've seen them a few times over the years, so I can't remember which series I actually opened up (there's a chance I opened all of them). Regardless... I'm pretty sure that the 1977 packs were the first trading card packs I ever opened.

    P.S. The epicenter was nearby, but I didn't even feel it (was on my prep period driving to grab food). However I came home to my office floor being littered with Lego sets, bobbles, stacks of cards, and SLU's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, those Star Wars ones are cooler than any of the Donruss or Fleer wrappers you posted. Also, this may be later than your timeframe here, but the Marvel wrappers from the early to mid 90s were pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Star Wars wrappers are cool. The Marvel ones from the early 90s are cool too, if you ever happen across those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Star Wars wrappers! I haven't seen those in a long long time!

    ReplyDelete