Monday, October 17, 2022

Surprise surprise surprise and Free cards.....Free Free Free

 I went home early yesterday and came back late last night. Had breakfast with my daughter Hunter and my grandson Elijah. Went to church, E was dedicated, and surprise my daughter was Baptized! She did it as a child, and now she did it with full understanding. I am proud of her. The little guy was coughing when I was there, and sure enough late last night (after I returned to GA) he had a fever of 101. Poor little guy, my daughter had been sick last week (not covid), so hopefully he'll be better today. 


Time to get to the beginning of the $5.00 deal. 

Last month in Jacksonville my buddy Fred had been given all of these tubs of crazy oddball baseball items. I picked through it off and on throughout the day. I actually started with this weeks (posts) items, and I half hearted went through it, leaving some for others and I totally regretted that once I got home. I wish I had just bought the small foot long tub to begin with. I paid five bucks later that day and let me tell you. I wish I hadn't let others pick through it. Sounds greedy, but I really wish I hadn't. Truth be told.


I've never collected wrappers before. I though about it a few time throughout my collecting years, but always went the other way. Except when it came to Wacky Packages. I did keep those!



More oversize odd ball issues here.




More odd balls.




Forgot to crop this one, oh well. technically those comics are not wrappers or maybe they are. 




Now we begin a journey through Topps.







They are reversed order here. I did that on purpose so that interest would peak each day to see how far back they will go. I remember noticing the wrapper differences long ago, especially when it came to send away stuff. 


You'll have to come back tomorrow to see some more. As I mentioned last week these post should last until Tuesday next week.


The winner from Friday's giveaway was Bo, and heads up Bo, I had been working on a side project for you so I put the cards in with those. Be on the look out :)


16 comments:

  1. Thanks - looking forward to it!
    If you are starting to collect wrappers I can see what I might have, I don't collect them but don't throw them out, either . . .

    Hope Elijah gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the fun weekend with your daughter! I like those comics, have a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should've kept every wrapper I opened up from 1968 on...who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really collect wrappers either, but they're always interesting to me. ... I wish I had some of those '79 comic wrappers at my disposal a couple months ago -- I was writing an article on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinda cool seeing those wrappers from back in the day. We'll, back in the day for me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Selling empty wrappers of 1990 Topps seems a bit weird to me. People buying empty wrappers from 1990 Topps seems even weirder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ‘92 Topps wrapper is interesting. I thought I had seen every type of 1992 Topps pack but had never seen that 41 card pack with the free ToppsGold card in it. Rack packs contained 45 cards I believe but you weren’t guaranteed a ToppsGold card. I think there were even 65 card jumbo packs, again with no ToppsGold card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely some wrappers I haven't seen before. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, that is NOT a good comic portrayal of Yaz...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be interested to see how old these get...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do any of them still have the bubble gum smell? I remember that from 1970 so well. My Mom wouldn't let me chew it. It had to be sugarless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your grandson feels better. Love the 1979 Topps Comics! Such a cool oddball issue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't start collecting wrappers but after a few years I started keeping one of each release I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just to do some artwork with wrappers (like bookmarks) but haven't in a while. I still have a nice stack of "supplies" though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I considered collecting wrappers awhile back. I actually held onto one of every product I opened, but it became overwhelming and there was way too much "junk" collecting so I threw mine away

    ReplyDelete