Tuesday, August 23, 2022

You can what? (contest)

 Yes, yes you can buy vintage cards from ComC. 



Yes those are reprints.  But they are Braves so I still need them.





These however are not. They are the real deal  1933 and a 34' Goudey.



Yes those are purdy, maybe a bit dirty but still purdy.



I know there is a big crease on the Bazooka contest felt card, but it works for me.



Dang, I see a Mantle card but then again I bough it because of Hank Aaron. I already have that one in my team set. So I'll pick the best one and then move the other to the set build.




That is a Twins card in the center spot, but it is not your normal 64'. Venezuelan baby.



I was going to leave this last scan off and start the next post with it for the beginning of the Bowman intake. There was a lot of Bowman Braves cards. I put a huge dent in them. I decided to close this post with the scan after all it is vintage. Two of the cards above are reprints and 2 are not and should be really easy to guess which ones are which.


Here is the next batch of contest cards up for grabs.



Might as well have a real vintage card in the lot.


Now for last night's winner.


There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

  1. matt
  2. jafronius
  3. derek
  4. bo
  5. sharp

IP: 2604:2d80:9793:3400:4179:12ee:d87b:83c9
Timestamp: 2022-08-23 12:31:08 UTC

Don't use this service for giveaways! Use Multi-Round Giveaways instead 

You have randomized this list 3 times.


Matt wins.



11 comments:

  1. Mutual Billy Bruton love society. Bruton was on early 60s Tigers teams with Kaline, Cash, and Colavito.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things about the '57 and '58 WS were the Mantle-Aaron photo ops. Both lived up to the hype, especially in the series their team won.

    Knew that Jimmie Hall was a Venezuelan immediately, even though I've never seen one in person, seen enough in photos.

    Got my third round of winnings today - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are in really good shape given their age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Bazooka contest card. I don't believe I have seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool that you picked up both the reprints and originals of Ford and Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've picked up quite a few vintage cards from COMC. George Selkirk, Jeff Heath, and a couple others

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you slot the reprints in as if they're the original?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once I bought a Bobby Shantz card on COMC for TTM purposes. I think that's the only vintage card I've bought off the site. I actually haven't ordered from there since before the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweet! I won! Those are some beautiful vintage! That Mantle/Aaron is just cardboard perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to buy a lot more vintage on there back before the boom. Now I have to pick my spots.

    ReplyDelete