Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Dime cards

 I hand picked 1500 cards from Daryl at the last Jax card show. That was the first time I actually picked through the cards in a decade. I usually just grab up the baseball boxes and say how much. I don't like digging like that because I know that I'll miss hitting up the other tables. I did the same at Fred's but pulled apx 500 there which we just finished posting last week. I did this kind of on purpose. The show before that one 

I brought back 25K cards wound up with tons of dupes and didn't really want to do that again. At least not this soon. At Daryl's table this saved me a boat load of money, but. My back was killing me when I got done. So I left and drove back to GA. I did not scan all of the cards (everyone says whew. :) I grabbed a slew of high end brands like Topps Tribute and Museum etc.... cards for my set builds. There were a couple hundred of those and I paid a dime a piece. Wow. Very happy with that. As for the rest, I'll go scan heavy this week and see where we get too. 


















This is half of the high end cards. I'll finish them up tomorrow (5 scans). With that said, look 2021 Spectra for a dime. Have you seen what a box of those cost? $500 for a hobby box with just 16 cards. I know that I will never complete any Spectra set, but no way will I leave them in a cheap box. 


Had a couple of great days with my uncle and he can taste again. 












10 comments:

  1. Always a thrill to pick up high-end cards for a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds. Can't even begin to imagine pulling out 1500 cards from dime boxes. I'd be exhausted. But kudos to you. And glad your uncle can taste again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear re: your uncle.

    Looks like you did well. I haven't seen those Bowman Platinums. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $500 a box for cards without logo. Who the heck is buying them? I guess they don't need to produce that many to make a profit.

    Glad to hear about your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't mention him in your last post, so I was just about to ask how your uncle was doing. It's good to hear that his taste buds are working again, hopefully that'll help with his outlook some.

    ReplyDelete