Wednesday, February 9, 2022

OPC

 No Wacky cards tonight. Just a few as in three cards recently in from OPC.com.



A few more vintage Braves.... Bowman Braves knocked off the team needs. In fact I am getting really really close to completing the Bowman vintage Braves. here's the run down.


1948: need #18 Spahn

1949: I need most of them and will be working on them immediately.

1950: I need 1 base card: 248 Jethroe and 2 no copy right variations (Reiser & Chipman).

1951: complete with the two above, yippee!

1952: need #244 Burdette.

1953: color complete. B/W: I have 2 in my ComC inventory leaving me just 1 short: #38 Dave Cole

1954: complete

1955: #179 Hank Aaron.

As for the rest of the Bowman Braves I only need two of those too.

2008: #223 Brandon Jones & #230 Clint Sammons



So close to completing the entire Bowman Braves run. I'm happy about that!

My uncle had a great day today. Also finally after being home from the hospital for 2 full weeks, the home care came out- the physical therapist the same one that worked with my uncle for 2 1/2 years back 2017-2019. My hopes are heightened.



5 comments:

  1. Glad to see some vintage and hear about the good uncle news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of 1951 Bowman. Congratulations on completing the team set. And good to hear that your uncle had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear about your uncle.

    Two of the three names on those cards, Roy Smalley and Gene Mauch - were still on cards in the '80s. Smalley's son and Mauch as a manager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully he'll be able to put together a longer string of good days, and go from there!

    ReplyDelete