Monday, January 25, 2021

Braves......Braves.......

 Yes.....Braves. I collect Braves baseball cards. That's not all that I collect. I build sets too. I also collect many "mini" collections which I seriously have thinned down over the last 6/7 years, and continually do so. 

Lately, I have been cleaning the shelves over at SportLots. (I'm just not flipping them as they do from the Walmart/Target shelves). Primarily scanning the Braves, and not the set builds. Once in awhile I show some great cards for set builds, not often lately. I figure for the most part if it ain't vintage or something I really really like, y'all will just be unimpressed to say the least. so, I skip them and save myself a ton of time. See I knew I could spin this to me and my selfish ways.




With everything I just stated above, why in the world would I be showing you folks 1990 Topps Traded card backs?  Well, I'll tell you...... I did NOT know this before that this set had a retail version with standard colored card backs (referred to as grey backs), but I don't get that. Anyways, if you recall, the factory sets came with super bright yellow card backs. I didn't know, so I grabbed me some Braves cards.




I already had the Smoltz, but for pennies, I'm not skipping it especially when I am trying to fill a cart from the same seller who offers free shipping for 51 or more cards. Yep, just 51 cards nets you free shipping, and his prices are some of the lowest of the site. 






1979 Fleer Hi-Gloss which I also already had, but ........








1969 Topps Posters.  See now the previous statements make sense.






Kellogg's. I needed all but 2. I already have a NM Carew, but that cracked was only a quarter, so it can go into the PC at that price. I see a couple of needed Sutton's I picked up the week before he passed.




including that 1977 Topps Cloth Sticker. Now that 87' Bonds is much nicer than the rest of his cards.





I needed the Warren Spahn card in the top of this post, so why not grab these others why I am it.


This seller goes by vrrcards. In fact I just hit my 51 cards in my cart, so I can get those coming in too.




7 comments:

  1. The cracked Carew for a quarter is a steal. Nice find. I'm debating on creating a Kellogg's frankenset. Looks like Sportlots might be a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about the backs either. Great Braves cards. The Future Stars Smoltz and Classic Murph are my favorite. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know that either about the backs of the cards. Cool Braves cards. The Future Stars Smoltz and Classic Murph are my favorite. Good Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried sportlots but i'll check out vrrcards. I love that view of left field of Yankee Stadium. Feels like I'm sitting high up on the right field line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You people stay away from the Kellogg's cards on sportlots!!!!! 😄

    ReplyDelete