Wednesday, May 9, 2018

What are the odds?

Part two of the odd ball cards I picked up last Saturday will be from one set.



Being a Braves fan and a die-hard loyal National Leaguer, I could never put the AL card on top of the NL. Even if the AL card is card #1 of the set.




I had never seen this set before. The cards are just a smidgen taller than a normal card.




Lots of keepers in the set. Although I didn't get the complete set, someone had pulled 3 or so.

Now for the real ball players, the NL!










Here's a look at the card backs. See 20 keepers, or should I say 17 for me as 3 were short.

Closing out tonight with the lone Brave.

Have a great night!


7 comments:

  1. I have the complete set, and several times have toyed with the idea of selling it. It's a really sweet set though, so I'm torn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were in a quarter box, (I bought the whole box). It was great sorting out the box when I got home. It stunk that the Ruth, Gehrig, and another HOFer was missing.

      Delete
  2. I'm a diehard NLer and I always put the AL on top. It's alphabetical and it satisfies my OCD. That's the way it shows up in the standings in the paper (or AL on the left and NL on the right).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the left & right thing, that way the NL is always RIGHT.

      Delete
  3. Another great oddball issue I've never seen before. I know storage might be a concern for other collectors, but I like how they made these slightly taller than a standard card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! I love the team photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone that these are super cool.

    ReplyDelete