Thursday, October 10, 2024

Topps Hobby Rip Night: KNT Trade night and JSA all in one. Hurricane Milton aftermath.

WEATHER UPDATE: I'm good! My local family are too. My brother lost some more fence, but that will be for the landlord to handle this time (I think). My brother still hasn't found a new place to live with 2 weeks to go. My daughter who lives in Fort Myers home was NOT hit by the tornado that hit two blocks over from her house. It stands....praise God! Will know more in a couple of days there if there are other issues. 

200+ tornado WATCH reports, at least 126 official tornado warnings and at least 30 touchdowns (that will certainly be increased as east coast port st lucie had 17 confirmed separate tornadoes alone). 3.3 million HOMES without power (homes not people- that could 6-7 million) at daybreak. The death total is and will be accumulating over the next few days (the water will be fluctuating for 2 days), but the tornadoes took several people and as of now the total is unknown. The days coming will give us the aftermath stats. This was a monster storm, and thank God for that cold front for those in my immediate area, but that too could have been the cause for the atmospheric conditions for the tornado outbreaks  just crazy. What matters now is picking up moving forward and doing what we can to help our friends and loved ones who may need some help. 


 With the Hudson card show posts done I can now peek at what I have planned going forward. I did do The Villages card show on Sept 7th, but I didn't scan anything. I might scan the highlight of the day which was a magazine. I did get another Sport Lots and another ComC order in as well. Tonight however, will be a trip made over to Ormond for Trade night which was also Topps Rip night last month.


JSA was in the house and brought some giveaways. This particular rep for JSA had met and made a deal with an artist who has deals with former athletes and got him to make some donations for this trade night. I got this To John, autographed rendering of Rollie Fingers (also signed by the artist). That was cool freebie for me just as I got to the shop.




Here was another freebie from Kyle. At first I was like this shirt feels flimsy, cheap like. I checked and it was made in OHIO, and although light is one of the most comfortable tee shirts I have. So soft....feels good.



While at the shop I did pull out a box of the diem cards. Which cost me about a nickel. These are my Braves Pro Debut cards. Complete but still need the chrome versions.



More Braves needs.







Topps broke this 40 card set up. These giveaways are the 2nd half 21-40. I believe 1-20 were stadium giveaways (so I need 2 of each of those now).


Now I move onto the "trade night" portion of the night.







Trade night was successful. Kyle always provides food, and there was plenty of good food, chips and soda.... and cookies too.

Have a great night.


5 comments:

  1. Nice Buehler. ... I had no idea there were special cards for Rip Nights, but of course who can keep track anymore?

    All those tornados is insane. I could never live there, I'd be freaked out all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad all is OK on the weather front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and your family seemed to have survived the storm ok.
    I’ve been wanting to go to Kyles shop again. Maybe in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you faired the storm as well. You may have had had worse than me.

      Delete
  4. Good reports on your dealing with the storm. Incredible number of homes without power. Hopefully that gets restored soon. Excellent group and variety of cards you got. Stay safe and may things continue to improve including housing for your brother.

    ReplyDelete