Monday, October 14, 2024

Devine intervention. ComC order. Atlanta Braves (Milwaukee and Boston Braves too).

 Getting the latest update out of the way. My daughter (in Fort Myers) went back home Thursday. she had no power so she stayed with her friend. Power was restored by daybreak Saturday. Other than trashing the food in the fridge, no problems. Not even limbs to pick up (a neighbor already did that for her). Furthermore, there were over 4 million homes without power, and 90% have been restored leaving apx 400K to go. Florida knows how to get things back on track. 

My brother has a new place, a bigger place, nicer place and close by 5 minutes way (1 mile). I found it for him on Friday morning. I scheduled a walk through for 1pm. We went, he liked and by 5pm the application process was complete and approved. Contract being mailed out Monday/Tuesday. Now he just needs to switch everything over and finish packing up. Our mom called these events "favors", I call them blessings, but we all know what it is.


Now let's get to some baseball cards. The most recent ComC order which as explained last week (or the week before) was here faster that I can write. I'll say it again, they are doing an amazing job these days. There will be several posts this weeks highlighting the different areas of my pick ups. Braves batting first.




Vintage Topps posters from 67' and 69'. i did already have a Niekro, but it certainly needed replaced.



A few 64' Topps coins and a 71'.



The first two are Fleer stickers from 1961. Nice additions. The Cepeda is an upgrade and like the Niekro above can be moved to their respective PCs.






This scanned popped up out of order, but oh well. It is the back of the 2nd Fleer sticker above.







This concludes the Braves exclusive portion of the broadcast. I'll put together some firsts and lasts for tomorrow's post.



6 comments:

  1. I really like those 1970 posters but can't deal with them being too larger for binders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My COMC order post is finally up on the blog (now if the blog roll will only show it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a hobby room, the walls would be covered in Topps posters. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic family news! God knows what He is doing. Years ago, I used to have many of the 1970 booklets and cards from the set. They were the first packs I ever bought. I was 8 at the time. If I only had them now. Oh well. I'm still working on my 2019 Topps Heritage build. 1970 build in not an option. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your daughter is safe and your brother has a place nearby. Love hearing stories of siblings looking out for each other. As for the cards... the 1961 Fleer stickers caught my eye. Never seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, impressive Florida was able to get so many homes back on that quickly! A good news post all around!

    ReplyDelete