Monday, October 7, 2024

Hudson card show the Final chapter with a TROPICAL UPDATE!

 I hope that everyone had a great weekend. 

TROPICAL UPDATE: There are three storms brewing all of which should make Hurricanes, 2 going up the Atlantic and shouldn't impose on the US, however Milton, a smaller cyclone than Helene initially but is a cat 5 right now even bigger will come over me (just south likely). The impact is hard to say, as we should NOT judge a book by it's cover. I feel more at ease with this one as we are NOT in the NE quadrant which lessens the chance of Tornadoes. Power outages is a different story. If I'm posting you know it is okay. I'll take your thoughts and prayers (always), but please send them out to those still dealing with the aftermath of Helene. They don't need any more more falling water. This storm is HUGE!

When I was building this house in 2004 we had 3 Hurricanes (direct hits) in a 6 week span, and then 1 of them did a u-turn in NC and came back and hit us directly again as a TS and that did the most damage and was without power for 8 days. I kind of have that feeling again. On a side not: 

Back then FEMA was begging, literally knocking on our doors each storm trying to force us take.... get this $1500-1800 per week. All we had to do was agree. Wow, how things are certainly different today.


Getting right into the cards tonight. More PC guys. Well, some of them are no longer PC guys. More on that later.



These are still PC guys.




Boggy is no longer a PC guy. Nola is now a maybe future PC guy, and Dunn will probably remain but will reside in a box instead of a binder.




These guys are safe. Goldy and Bernie will probably reside in boxes.




This Devers are dupes. Serial numbered is different and he'll probably be boxed or dumped eventually. Arenado has taken up his new residence in my future boxes.



Safe.





These too are all safe. As for my progress regarding the updating of my PC: The A's remain the same as the last update. I still have to completely re-do Aaron, Albies, and Acuna. I have a hundred others that need put into their binders. I am currently working on the "B's". I have eliminated several players and decided which ones will reside in boxes going forward. The B's had 60 players listed. Maybe half of  that now. I have cleared the Ba portion of players (9 keepers and dumped 3), and I have even entered them into TCDB (Player Collection) collection. I begin with the Be's this week. There will be 10 keepers there. Some of which have a good bit of cards and then a couple with just a few cards. Probably going to take the rest of this month to work my way through all of the B's. Next week should cover Biggio through Bo's. Then after those the Br's and then the rest after that. 


Now you know why it used to take 2 years to actually update them. Albeit, I haven't updated in 5 years now, so that does add to the time, but eliminating some players has helped a bunch. There are about 6 boxed "A's" that I did not update the excel sheets or enter into TCDB, just threw them into a monster box. I'll worry about them next year.

If you are still reading, then here is a surprise for you. The next post is absolutely going to be different. 


Have a great night! 


5 comments:

  1. Prayers for safety and clean-up efforts for all involved. My local electric cooperative sent a crew down there to help. May God be with you and everyone there. Have a great night and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you stay safe. Will continue prayers for everybody affected by the storms.

    Also, looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you survive the storm ok. Sucks we got so much rain between the two storms.
    Why did you drop Bogaerts? He’s a decent hitter, and even better played for the great Dutch National team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe with Milton! Hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete