Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Short post tonight. Still Pink. 2018 Topps Chrome

RIP in Fernando Valenzuela!


 I must say that I am surprised with the results from yesterday's contest thus far. If there is a winner I will announce that tomorrow. I knew that it should be fun, because for the last decade plus I have stated that there were over 1500 guys that I collect. Half of which I do not know who those guys are most times because they are ONLY Topps Flagship cards and are sitting in monster boxes that I have NEVER gone through to see what is in there. Technically, they aren't really PC guys, but guys for a special large mini collection. That still leaves apx. 750 guys that over the years I have bombarded this blog with cards of them. Obviously, some are no brainers and others are "out there". I have also mentioned over the last two years that I was/am thinning the herd. I physically (actually removing players and their cards) started getting on that project last month. previously, it was just in my head. I am almost done with B's which was HUGE. I'm down to 3 guys that need checked against my excel sheets and then entered into TCDB and placed in a binder. There are other players that will be residing in a box, but still updated. I should be on the letter "C" next week and should blow through D, E, F. The G's will be another big one, but pretty sure plenty to weed out too. H and I very few but J's are another really big one. M's, R's, and S's are biggies too. It looks like I may not need another book case to store the binders. It will be close....we'll see.


Now onto the baseball cards for tonight. Heads up.... I'll probably do another one of the "interactive" posts next week or before the month ends. This last one was fun.









 

See, I told you it was a short one tonight.

4 comments:

  1. That's a crazy number of players to collect. ... The pink parallels are gradually getting better. 2018 still ain't great, but a lot better than 2016 and 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2015 was great, 16 and 17 not good at all. The more recent ones are okay too and we'll get to them next week.

      Delete
  2. I really like the cards, the design looks good (especially liking Story and Javy Baez). I don't think I've been around the blogosphere long enough to know all of your PC guys, but it's all in fun.

    ReplyDelete