Saturday, November 25, 2023

Incoming baseball cards

 I hope that everyone had a great weekend. I did even though I didn't get my daughters together at the same time I did spend time with them. 

In other good news the OCT trading period ended this weekend and I came out on top.

The 92nd OCT Trading Period was our 2nd best 8/24-11/24 Trading Period in the last five years as we managed to make 433 Trades.


Congrats go out to John Miller for leading the pack with 107 Trades this Trading Period. 

He has now accomplished this feat 9 Times. That is second only to Bob DAngelo! (28). 


I am now sitting at 2,650 trades (10 years in this group: 35 members). I believe that is 5th all-time. Only 4 members have ever reached the BIG 3K in the group's 25 year history. I do plan on hitting that mark sometime in 2024. 


Moving on to a package that I received from Angels in Order. Tom actually sent me two one being a PWE. I am pretty sure I already posted the first batch so I think these are from the second.




1982 Post needs.


Complete with tabs.



1983 Post also complete with tabs along with some coupons at the time.




Tom included some Braves too and these two were the highlights, both needs. Thanks Tom!


Tomorrow night is another TRADE NIGHT with the Indians/Guardians.




9 comments:

  1. Wow! I can hardly fathom that many trades! Congrats on a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! At that rate I would finish my set build in less than two weeks! Those POST cards are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a trading machine! I recognize Bob D'Angelo's name, he's in OBC too. I've slowed down a bit there but will ramp up again when I have more trade bait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob is a good guy, he lives about 2 hrs south of me. We've met up before I went to Georgia. He's a writer, sports writer, and has a book blog, etc.

      Delete
  4. Dude that is an insane amount of trades. Insanely awesome. Best of luck in reaching 3k. Looks like you're on pace to reach it in a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do your daughters not get along, or is it just a work/family schedule thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those two (mentioned) have different mother's, and the influence of one of them is horrible. And in they live 5 hours apart. When they lived with me they were close.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on all those trades! Everyone wins!

    ReplyDelete