Friday, November 3, 2023

We're NUMBER 1! (part one)

 No this isn't about the Rangers winning the World Series, nope, uh uh. This post is the beginning of ONE of those other Franken-Sets I had blobbing about for the last decade. Yep, yes sir, got this ONE done. 

This is the ONE where every card in this binder is card #1! With that said Lucy says I need to do some splaining. 

Just like any of my mini collections or Franken-Sets every card here is at the very least a duplicate. And just like all of the others I DO NOT SEEK THESE CARDS OUT. Heck I could probably add another hundred cards just by finishing up the PC update, LOL. So if you see that I don't have a certain card unless it is vintage (say pre-75) please don't send them my way. To repeat VINTAGE IS OKAY. lol.

Now for the numbers after all typically Franken-Sets involve the "card number" and this ONE certainly does. I eliminated any checklist cards that also carried a different card number for the set. Why do I mention that, because had I not eliminated those cards (which those should be showing up at Tom's house any day now), there would be a couple hundred checklists in the binder. Nope, can't have that as it is the checklists did in fact lead the pack with appearances with 29. As for players Ken Griffey Jr came in next with 18 followed by McGwire with 14. Bonds and Hank Aaron shared a baker's dozen. As for team appearance well my Braves took the number ONE spot with 72. It was not unexpected. But you never know. Orioles came in next with 44 followed by Angels with 39 and Yankees with 34. Blew my mind that the Dodgers only had 14. Of course if Night Owl was making this Franken-Set I bet there'd be a reversal of Braves and Dodgers.

I have at least 630 cards that are number 1. I have broken them up into 5 post posts and as per my usual they are for the most part chronologically and alphabetically in order.


Here we go!


Feel free to gift me the 52', 53', 54, 55, etc.



Or any of the 60's and missing 73' and 74'.


I more than likely have the 76, 78, and 79 in my dupes or PC dupes boxes.


Now we will be running fast through the rest here on out.













The 2nd Almon is a Tiffany. 



Like the sticky note says I need to get out my DK dupes and pull a Mac out. The one you see there is actually Leaf.












Can't forget to include those two blasted over sized cards. This wraps part one and will pick up here next Friday. Have a great weekend everyone.



11 comments:

  1. Who's the boy in the sailor suit?

    Sets that sorted alphabetically by team would start in the NL (Atlanta) or AL (Anaheim or Baltimore), that's why they have the lead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card is one of those odd balls, and a kid photo. I'll let y'all guess around a bit and in a few days if not figured out, I'll give you the answer.

      Delete
  2. I am baffled by the boy in the sailor suit ... Also, what the hell '86 Donruss, leading with a checklist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, card #1 is Kirk Gibson a DK. This checklist is checklist #1 and does not have a set card #

      Delete
  3. Same with the 85' set, where Sandberg was set #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oversized 1989's. Not my favorites either. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checked comments to see if the sailor suit is explained. Now leaving a comment so when it's explained I'll get a notification.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have these for #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sailor boy is Gregg Jefferies !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon, didn't everyone recognize Gregg Jefferies? Lol. I cheated. Noticed everything was listed in order by year and set. So I did a search of all cards numbered 1 for 1989 and knew I only had to skim up to Donruss

      Delete