Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The October Jacksonville card show (part 1 of 2). Heavy Hitters!

 Not going to the November Jax card show has really been a blessing in that I can get a lot of other things posted and out of the way and out of the scanned files. So midway through Nov. and I am just getting to the October show. I didn't buy much as far as quantity goes. No this time I sought out some vintage super stars and reasonable prices. I went to Chuck sits next to Fred. Tonight are the few cards that I bought from Chuck except for the the very first cards which came from Chuck and is not vintage. 


One more Brave down (feel free to send me the Chipper.....times two). I know that I will never complete the Braves team set let alone the entire set, but hey....it's a thing.


Now for the heavy hitters.













One of the Hank Aaron cards were needed for the team set, and all of the others were needed for my set builds. 




11 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards here. Love that '62 Mays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pickups! Pretty decent when the worst one is a ‘91 Desert Storm card. I know one poor sap was trying to get that complete set signed. Lost more than 1 card through the mail trying to get easy ttm signers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly you're not messing around today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 1962 cards. They are from the year I was born. Slugging power for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are no joke big names. They look like they are in great condition too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those heavy hitters knocked me off my feet! Fantastic pickups - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards. Love the Desert Shield and those 57's look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vintage greats are indeed great, but I find myself being more envious of the David Justice Desert Shield.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! Those are heavy hitters for sure!

    ReplyDelete