Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Stuff and my first purchase of the year.

 The winner last night was San Jose Fuji.


The take on last night's post is that I will be posting the entire set of Rock Cards. Probably tomorrow. I put them in order today. Seems I am missing one card #97. I'll scan them while they are finishing cutting the trees down in my back yard. They were supposed to finish today, but one of their pieces of equipment broke. 


Meanwhile, I pulled a good bit more of the "stuff" I have been able to get to. More on that another day. So, what you see below was bought on Jan. 11th and was delivered this past Sunday, yes Sunday. Our mail doesn't run on Sunday, yet it did. it wasn't our normal (new lady) or even a USPS truck, but a van with a magnet on the door. Oh well, I was really hoping to have my old mail carrier still working. She was a hottie, even got Christmas kisses on the lips from her too, dang. Going to miss those. Stinks because I was looking forward to seeing her everyday again. Oh well.




Instead I am keeping this simple tonight. This was my first purchase of cards this year. It was an Ebay lot. I am now down to just needing three more (Trout, Albies, and Perez). I have several others sitting in my Sport Lots box, which I will be having shipped soon. I also pulled the trigger on my ComC inventory and it is due to ship Feb. 6th. I also had my Card Barrel cart shipped. Along with those I bought another batch from Ebay, and will be posting that in a couple of days. Plenty of cards scanned already. More to do tomorrow.


Have a great night.

14 comments:

  1. Topps Holiday was terrific this year....I got a J.D. Martinez hanger in my box.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't seem to justify Christmas themed baseball cards. Messes with my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A person in a van with a magnet on the door delivering mail?? Sounds sketchy. Can’t wait to see all the purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a subcontractor or leased/rented vehicle.

      Tree cards to replace the trees cut down?

      Delete
  4. While no Pacific ornaments, I have still enjoyed these the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely like those a lot. I love the old Pacific ornaments more though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree cards are cool looking! Never seen one before. Many trees, but no tree cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really get some full-service mail delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ornaments are a fun idea. I wonder if anyone has decorated a whole tree with them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come on, they're wearing Santa hats, of course they're better than those Pacific ornaments.

    Mail women kissing customers on the lips? The south is a strange place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like in the Seinfeld episode...you go "Mail on a Sunday?" And the deliverer goes "Oops!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mail on Sunday and Christmas kisses? You lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully the new mailman won't be expecting a Christmas kiss too :)

    ReplyDelete