Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Back to some recent cards that came in.

 The winner last night was: Jeremy



This post highlights the latest cards from Card Barrel.






These cards had been sitting in the CB cart for a long while. So long that the Matt Olson card #2 had dropped out and I didn't notice it. I have since had one sent to my Sport Lots box which I'll probably have shipped in another week or so. That way I can close out my Braves Update set. Also there are 3 separate orders in the box, so it will be a nice get. 

I have other good news too! I got the garage clean up and set up started. The 1st four bookcase arrived at 8:15 yesterday morning (the other 8 are on backorder). I have already dumped binders galore onto two of them. I emptied four 30 gallon tubs, and eight of the smaller tubs. I have three more smaller tubs (holding about 8-10 binders each) left to unpack but I'll have to assemble the other two bookcases for those. Then I can start unloading the 80 something binders sitting on the floor in my bedroom too.

The other half of the tubs in the garage (7 large 30 gallon and 10-12 smaller tubs) are filled with boxes of cards that need to be put into binders.

I also found my address labels so you can bet I will be printing up a bunch in the coming days. Not to mention I found the other Masonic baseball booklets. There were only 5, I thought it was more like a dozen. Oh well. The dates range from Feb. 1971 to Oct. 2004. I just scanned up several non ball players for the Masonic folder so I probably will wait until the All-Star break to do the remaining baseball guys.



17 comments:

  1. Got my cards today. Thank you!

    That Banner Season insert is one of the nicer ones I've seen from recent years of Topps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy amount of cards. I want to come visit and just go through cards for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crap, I left out the fact that there are 14,009 cards in Chronicles this year. NUTS!

      Delete
  3. Nice cards, and congrats on the garage cleaning. Can you come help me with mine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only a start. It's still going to take a long time to get it all done.

      Delete
  4. The garage is going to be some sight. I think we all need to get a tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 1957 Aaron season card is nice. Progress on the card inventory is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that’s a thing of beauty with bookshelves lined with binders and probably felt pretty good to get them out of the tubs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still a dozen or so binders (sitting in tubs) that have to wait for the other 8 bookcases to arrive. Then there are the cards in boxes (sitting in tubs too) that need to be put in binders. Hopefully, by the time you get here the shelves will all be here, waiting on me to fill them up.

      Delete
  7. Man I haven't used Cardbarrel in a couple years. Always forget about them in lieu of Sportlots.

    Add me to the list of those interested in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the garage clean up! Is it climate controlled and critter-proof?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope you take some photos of those book shelves and binders. Your card room/garage sounds like it's gonna be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always feels good to get things cleaned up and organized. But no way I'd store cards in my garage. Too much humidity here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how Glavine is listed as the World Series MVP, but Soler is appropriately given the Willie Mays World Series MVP Award.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always like Allen ginter!
    Matt-SCC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully you don't run out of room out there, too!

    ReplyDelete