Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Heavy on Fleer

 Saturday I drove back home for a card show. I was able to spend a little time with one of my daughters and my grandson. That alone made it a great trip. The Villages card show is only 3x per year usually, and I missed that first one this year. I was bummed that I missed that one as I was all set to pick up several partial 50's sets. Turned out, I didn't miss a thing. That particular seller was there this time too, and he had his partial sets in binders out. Problem.... he had quadrupled his usual pricing. That was not a good start to this show. In fact I didn't buy a ton of cards. I did manage to scoop up some vintage. Fleer out the wazzu. I'll spread these out all week and into next week.



I'll lead off with just the Braves additions.  Both Braves logo & monogram 1970 Fleer Patches.




Here we have some 1970 Fleer World series (Laughlin- blue backs). Turns out I only needed one of these to complete my Braves team needs for this set. I bought a stack of these and the 1971 Black backs too. Lots of dupes. I also grabbed a ton of the patches and quiz cards too. Fleer released these sets from 69-72.




I added two more 54' Red Man Braves and 1 53' (Pafko) who isn't in the greatest shape, but the price was reasonable for them.


A view from the back.


 


4 comments:

  1. Sucks the guy raised his prices. At least you walked away with some really cool stuff. I love Fleer cloth patches... and Red Man cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make a correction above. He 4-500% increased his prices. stuff that was $400 the last couple of years now $1800.00. I didn't buy anything from him, and told him why. I did wish him luck with the show.

      Delete
  2. Red Man cards look really cool. Bet they look great in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would've started collecting the Red Man's when I came back to card collecting, as they've gone up way too much for me since.

    ReplyDelete