Thursday, April 21, 2022

Vintage Fleer 2

 Going with the Quiz cards this go around. These range from 69-72. 



These are often called Tall Boys as they are a little taller than a standard baseball card.



Here you can see it next to a regular card. 




These have no official checklist as they were inserted into the packs as "stabilizers"







For me using the web page I linked yesterday, these are easy to pick apart with the exception of the 72's which are the last 4 cards here without a team logo.





I have 9 of the 72's. The rest I've already figured out which are which, so I'm good regardless of TCDB "winging it" as they reported to me. Most of the "quiz cards" are easy to identify using the link. The 69's 70's and 71's have 1 or two cards per team with either 2 or 3 questions that vary. I've made my differences and placed them in the sets according to my research. TCDB is AFU on their 71's. Their 69's is pretty good. 

Next up some more Vintage Fleer that I haven't mentioned yet.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. These were the stabilizer cards for the packs of patches (69's were called emblems).

      Delete
    2. Me either. Never seen that Senators logo either. Very cool.

      Delete
  2. I love those things. I have a couple of Expos and Senators (maybe 4 or 5 in all). They are one of many sets and subsets that I really need to get off my butt and seek out as full a set as I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice collection! Always nice to see another Fleer collector. If you are looking for any quiz cards or cloth patches to help complete your collection, please let me know and I'll see if I can help.

    https://fleersticker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need any that are not in these posts of patches, quiz cards, and need some of the upcoming Laughlins (I have a want list for them).

      Delete