Thursday, April 20, 2023

Yaz & Strawberry.

The winner last night was: RJ.


Now let us peer our eyes upon a couple more baseball players that we have heard of.




Strawberry signature.





I apologize for not getting the puzzles right tonight.








Okay now on to YAZ. As you may have already noticed, no signature. 




Also to note that these are singles and not panels.








 
 

Alrighty, the next two posts will be odd balls, just not these Star issues. More of a Superstars type release. Will do the RED set tomorrow and finish it up with the YELLOW set on Tuesday.

 

14 comments:

  1. A lot of the Yaz photos look similar to Fleer shots. Maybe the same photographer? (Steve Babineau)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! Just like others have said, these are really growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing that Star made so many of these and for the entire 1980s I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's great the cards themselves are usually cheap.

      Delete
  4. This has to be one of the earliest autographed and serial numbered insert sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sets! I like a good puzzle

    ReplyDelete
  6. No auto on the Yaz set? Any idea why that is? Easy puzzles for me because there are not that many pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, The players only signed the first few hundred "sets", they made like 10,000 sets. I believe it is similar for both the panels and the individual card sets.

      Delete
  7. I'm surprised they went with 12 cards for the puzzle instead of 9, unless 9 card pages weren't a common thing yet?

    Got the 3 PWEs the other day. All needs! Thank you sir!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised they used 12 cards for the puzzle instead of 9, unless 9 card pages weren't a common thing yet?

    I got the 3 PWEs the other day. All needs! Thank you sir!

    (Sent again due to error message received on original attempt)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the Strawberry, I like how the cards form a puzzle more than any of the individual cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I enjoy stats on the back... I do like those Strawberry puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may have to find some of those Yaz cards...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I may have that Yaz set but I've never seen the Strawberry. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete