Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Mickey Mantle need I say more.

 The winner last night was: corrected  Jafronius


Okay, I knew that I owned this set already when I seen it inside the binder that I bought. My set is sealed and still in it's little box. I also think that I have another set opened and in with my "to be sorted" PC boxes. But, I wasn't going to make the guy take them out of the binder just to lower the price a wee bit. One of these days I'll get my PC boxes sorted checked, and put into their respective binders. I used to only update them every two years, but I completely blew it off last year. So, now I am way behind. I must do something about that. I'll have my pool table to sort on in a month or so. We'll see.




I know for certain that I have shown some of these off here before on this blog, and while I was in Georgia. I'll have to search my blog to see if it was the whole set. If so I apologize for the duplication.













One quick search and.... yep August 7, 2016 I showed this set, so I guess these are officially dupes (trips really). I did notice that several of the pictures used in this set were used in another Mantle set too that I did in 2018. Again, I apologize for the duplicate post, but hey it has been 7 years..... get it.


Closing out the all Yankee thing tomorrow, lots of scans.

10 comments:

  1. Pinnacle made this? I am learning something new every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at them from a distance they kind of look like one of the designs of 1996 Topps Gallery. You just need a nicely priced autographed card to close that set out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice set. That is more Mickey cards than I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos in these. I have a few mantle sets, including this one I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mantle [and Joe DiMaggio] box sets Pinnacle put out were pretty classy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Diamond King, agreed, Yankee fatigue. But I shouldn't complain because I'm sure Dodgers I don't have are showing up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice set. The pictures used are great, and they're not duplicated on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I try to only show new cards in my posts... but also accept that some cards get shown off over and over and over again.

    ReplyDelete