Saturday, April 15, 2023

MASONIC MONDAY: Part two of the Oglethorpe adventure.

 Okay we all know that this is actually the third week in a row for James Oglethorpe. The first of which was from two decades before this two parter which itself is from two decades ago (2001). This is the one that Jafronius clued me in on about the digital archive as well as letting me know that Burl Ives was on the cover. I learned something. I wish now that I had originally read all of the booklets before ditching them. No, I had just looked at the covers for interesting characters. Good news is that I did have the Ives cover thus part two of Mr. Oglethorpe. 

Special note regarding this threepeat if you will is that Jafronius had also threepeated. He was the winner again on Friday night. 


With all of the above said, there will not be a cover for this segment as Mr. Ives does not pertain to Mr. Oglethorpe. You will have to wait until I cover Mr. Ives.








I was assuming (and we all know what that means) that this one (part two) would be very short as was the previous subjects when I had their part two. Who knows I may have had the ones that were missing back then. One day I will research to find out I know a couple of the missing part two subjects were baseball players. Anyways as you have hopefully read this one wasn't short. 5 pages of information to close out the story.


Heads up lots of baseball cards odd balls especially coming.


14 comments:

  1. Hope yall had a fantastic weekend.

    Good Job! 💪

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool history. I didn't get much of this stuff growing up in Washington State.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know lots about James Oglethorpe now. Looking forward to Burl Ives too.

    By the way I needed all of the cards you sent in my last winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jafronius! Let’s see if you can get 4. I kind of wonder what the record is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to break his streak on Monday, i can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to Burl Ives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oglethorpe did many things during those years. Not all was positive in some people's opinions. What attack happened the next summer? Is there another part of the story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apparently there is another part of the story, check Jafronius' link below to read the part 3.

      Delete
  8. Oh man there's a part 3!

    Issuu.com/knightstemplar/docs/
    200103

    They needed to do better with their issue formatting haha. Someone named Colonel Dean Hess is on the cover. Looks like Part 3 is the last of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked and I don't have that issue, Also see the time stamp above your comment, it came in on Monday night. Still weird.

      Delete
  9. He certainly was an interesting guy, and is the sort that one can definitely say "they don't make 'em like that anymore" about.

    ReplyDelete