Monday, October 30, 2017

1973 Topps trip cards

Almost getting to the end of the chronologically run of the "trip cards".  Now, normally tomorrow on Halloween, I would post from my Holiday binders which are at home in Florida, so I can't, so we get to look at more 70's cards tomorrow too. Today we look at the 73's I found in the boxes.



A lot of big names. Of course many will eventually hit the upgrade lists. I'm okay with that.










I was able to scratch off a few numbers this go around.




More big names.














A couple of nice shadow shots here.











The numbers are getting higher. :)








I think I need to add the Krauss's to my Names binder.



and the numbers keep rising.





Check out that Standard Oil sign on Rivers card. Cool.









Okay so I added 45 acrds to the 73 set build, including some high numbers and big names.
I can live with that.




7 comments:

  1. Probably my all-time favorite set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the set I'm currently collecting. Can't beat the cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a custom of Fregosi where the cartoon says "The Mets were dumb enough to trade Nolan a Ryan for this guy!" Or maybe something similar but with a swear word. The cartoon could be a guy in a cap facepalming.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the photography in this set. The Thurman Munson is beautiful - too bad they spelled his name wrong on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew something didn't look right, but I didn't catch that.

      Delete
  5. Lot's of awesome Athletics in that lot.

    ReplyDelete