Thursday, July 11, 2024

TCDB: The STATS

 I haven't posted much this week. This is just the 2nd post, but I do assure you that I have been busy, very busy. One of the "tasks" I performed this week is to check all of the PC guys in my TCDB collection (I haven't entered that many and all but Elway are/were Braves. I wrote down the lists and did the math where I can actually make some gains. You see no matter how big of a Braves fan I am.... I am NOT #1. As least not with the Atlanta Braves as a whole.


Ranked

#2

among other collectors

RankMemberUnique Cards
1.bravefan130,994
2.johnnystradingspot29,656
3.RollingThunder8817,907

I tried to shrink the image above, but I could NOT. Ever since I started loading Braves last year I remain apx. 1500 cards behind always. Drives me nuts because I literally can add 300 cards, low & behold still 1500 behind. This was constantly so (last year) I shifted to entering my Braves dupes. I entered over 30K of those, and no change not to mention it didn't count the multiples. I entered over 100K, nada no change there either. I gave up on that at least a year ago. Now I just enter the new Braves I get, and no longer add to the PC guys that I enter on the site as a separate collection, because it does not isolate each individual collection when running stats compared to others on the site. It does show the ones I entered in those collection minus dupes (multiples). Unique I believe it refers to them. 

Why do I mention this? Well, because I no longer add to the Braves PC guys in their own collection, just in the Braves team collection I have decided that I will be deleting them as some point. The only exception MIGHT be those particular players not on a Braves card. But still I think I won't be doing that either. With that said, I figured while I was running the numbers to show what I have entered into the site.

I already mentioned this week that my Elway collection has me at #6.

I will just write out the rest.

Milwaukee Braves: (it won't do just Braves, have to do each city alone- I don't like that either). Mil: I am indeed #1 with a 182 card lead.

Boston Braves: #3 but only need 121 cards to take over #1.
Greg Maddux: #5
Tom Glavine: #3 but 1st is obtainable with 209 cards.
Chipper: #7
Javy: #3
Hank Aaron: #4 with a chance to get to #2 with 150 cards.
Warren Spahn: #1 by 60 cards.
Eddie Mathews: #2 with a shot at #1 with just 23 cards.
Freddie Freeman: #2 with s shot at #1 with 331 more cards.
Acuna: #3 with a shot at the 2 spot.
Albies: #4 but a shot at #1 with 278 cards.
Smoltz: #2
Andruw Jones: #2
Phil Niekro: #3 needing only 12 cards for the 2 spot.
Dale Murphy: #16, reaching the 7 spot is obtainable.
Klesko: #3 needing 78 cards for #2.
Justice: (my least favorite Brave of all time) #7, could jump to 5th....but. LOL.
Dansby Swanson: #4 and a shot at the 2 spot with 152 cards.

Just for the record I have over a dozen other Braves that I PC'd that I never got to entering for the stated reasons above. Not to mention I have much fewer cards of those guys. I mean like with Chipper I am approaching 2K unique, somehow hitting that number with say Joe Adocock probably never happening, lol.

I also spent all week on Ebay. Fingers crossed that a package....a big package comes in tomorrow. We'll see.

Have a great night!





5 comments:

  1. Pretty good numbers. I also hate that the Angels are broken up into Los Angeles, California, and Anaheim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive numbers. Hope you can get #1 on some of these catergories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is helpful to me as I was looking for some cards to send along with the Venezuelan, I hate to send just one card. I can add a couple non-Braves of Glavine, Murphy and Andruw Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive numbers all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many big names... so many Top 5 appearances. Your collection is super impressive. The TCDB thing is fun... but I could see myself getting crazy competitive based on my limited experience. I will still upload the collection at some point... but I'm not in any rush.

    ReplyDelete