Thursday, July 18, 2024

I was visited.

 Just a short post tonight as I leave out in the morning for technically the first vacation I've had in 19 years. Albeit it is only 2 nights away from home, it's still the closest thing to a vacation I nearly 2 decades. I'll be back late Sunday night, and with no doubt exhausted. Monday will be a day of rest for sure.

Now about my visitor, no.... it was not a little green man from outer space. No space alien here. My visitor hailed from an hour + from me. Jeremy over Deland journey over last Friday to go at my trade boxes. He was successful with several hundred finds (maybe 500 or so). Per his usual he brought some cards for me. 



Jeremy was stoked with a good size stack of 2023 chronicles. Right off, I knew that there wouldn't be lot I needed. Yes, I collect and build all of the Chronicles going back to 2017 the first year. Pretty much an impossible task to complete a full year. I've done well with some years. 2023 is year that I predict will be the first year I complete one not counting the memorabilia and autographed cards. Still there are the 100-nearly 200 sets within the sets that will be unlikely. I have no idea was I decided to chase these sets. But I did. Now as you can see the five cards above, those were needs. 

You can actually check my Set Builds (scroll down to the bottom of that link and find the Chronicles). That is the easiest way. I also this past week added the ones missing from all years (base cards) to TCDB as wants. Yes. I finally have a want list up on TCDB. I also included the John Elway cards that I don't own. The site drives me NUTS, as I don't have a For Trade or Sale list, but every hour they are e-mailing telling me there is a MATCH. No match I don't have anything listed to trade for cards on my new want list. For me a MATCH only exists on both sides, not one sided. Oh well, just another frustration.  

As has become the usual Jeremy took me to Subway for lunch and I scarfed down a footlong meatball this go around. Last time I wolfed down a footlong Beast. We talk cards, and baseball, life, and just general BS if you will for hours. I always enjoy it. 

Back to the title I would much rather have this kind of visitor than one of those little green men, or tall grey ones for that matter.

Have a great weekend folks, as it will be next week sometime before I post again.

8 comments:

  1. I was hoping you were visited by a little green man. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few sandwich places I prefer over Subway... but sometimes I just crave one of their meatball sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite subs come from Jersey Mikes (too far away for sandwich). The Big Kahuna, and their Italia (Giant size), lol.

      Delete
  3. Love meatball subs ... Enjoy the way over due vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you needed this vacation,just don't wait so long for the next!

    ReplyDelete