Friday, July 12, 2024

1948 Boston Braves

 Lately, I have been scouring Ebay for vintage Braves items for my personal collection. I found this item at auction with a fair starting price. I bid and won.






1948 Boston Braves pocket schedule unfolded- never folded! The Braves won their 2nd pennant of the 20th century (the other being 1914) and 10th overall since 1876. 1948 also represented the Braves 73rd consecutive season in NL and 78th overall. Their record that year was 91-62. Sadly, the Braves did not win the World Series which the Cleveland Indians did. I am very thankful for the Indians losing to the Braves in 1995 :)


This is not the only item I have won on Ebay in the last several days. It is however the perfect set up for what comes in the next post. You'll have to wait to see that! Meanwhile the post I originally planned for tonight will have to wait until after those.


Have a great night and a safe weekend.  

6 comments:

  1. This is great. Interesting to see the Ruppert ad - the family had owned the Yankees until selling them a few years earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like pocket schedules... especially vintage ones. Looking forward to seeing your other eBay purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, because that (Monday's post) is where I used that gift card to help pay for it.

      Delete
  3. This is the kind of stuff that I would probably focus on more if I were a team collector.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool addition to your collection. Love the classics.

    ReplyDelete