Monday, July 29, 2024

New York New York all the way to Venezuela

 I spent the entire weekend marking cards off of my want lists, inputting them into TCDB, and of course scanning. The entire weekend (plus). I finished this morning and I started on Thursday night. The task will be to get them into binders. 



First up tonight is a package I've had for a couple of weeks now. It journeyed its way to me from New York courtesy of Bo. I started to refer to him as Bo Man, but I didn't want to confuse anyone with Bowman. Up top is a 1966 Topps Venezuelan Braves card I needed followed up by a card that I thought I had (TCDB said so too). However, I am believing now that it was the chrome version that I had. We'll see once I get into the binders. Purple parallel need closes out the needs, there were several others that didn't clear the fence. Thank you Bo. I'll find a return eventually just don't let me forget.


Next up is another E-Bay win. I won two auctions recently, but the other one is going to wait for anothe rday.



US183, closes out my 2012 Topps & Update sets. The last card before this one was the Trout. Funny story about the 2012 base set (series 1 & 2). Back in 2013 when I started this blog and rekindled the baseball card flame I stumbled upon Dave and Adam's cardworld. They were pushing the factory sets for $5.00. Yep, $5.00 and I bought one. They must have had a ton cases and cases of the stuff. I forget what else I got that day, but I remember that set. I know that I got free shipping too. Nowadays, D&A must still have a ton of those 2012 sets but now they want like $60.00, lol. To get free shipping now you have to spend $199.00. I don't think I have bought anything from them in close to 5 years. Their pandemic pricing is still way up there and I ain't buying even though I check their site about once a month. I sure do miss those clearance sales which is what I was always purchasing. Yeah, no way am I paying those prices. 


Next up is a little story too. The day before leaving for that Orlando trip, I had an itch to rip. I went to Walmart to get some items for the trip and hit up the card aisle..... no I didn't buy any blasters, but I did grab a handful of fat packs that had been marked down to $5.00.





Grabbed a few Big League and Chronicles and was rewarded by doing so. Now I'm sure the Jasson Dominguez relic doesn't cover what I spent, but it definitely bought me another week on the itching. Last week after returning from trip I hit up all the card sites including D&A, and lastly I found something from Blowout cards that would satisfy that itch.



An entire case of some Star Wars set (Resistance) that I knew or at least think that I didn't have. I'll post about that rip in the next week or two.



The first thing that caught my eye over there was these Wacky Packages. For some reason I thought those were different from the ANS 7 that came out in 2010. They were not. At least now I have the cereal boxes, and got a whole bunch of inserts and some parallels that I didn't have. Two boxes (a set) were $9.77 so I grabbed two deals of them. I had fun and scratched my itch real good this weekend. I'll post those new to me stickers in a week or so as well.


That covers and clears some scan files for sure. Everyone have a great night!


4 comments:

  1. Very nice variety in this post. Wacky Packages cereal looks like a ton of fun! I think we have your heat in Central Minnesota for a few days. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used your blog wantlists which is why I sent the Escobar, kind of surprised me too.

    Looking forward to the Star Wars post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to see what you pull from the SW boxes... but even more excited to see what you get out of the WP cereal boxes. Those look really cool.

    Back in the late 2000's and early 2010's, I'd buy a lot of stuff from D&A. I'd go through their clearance boxes and cases. I eventually slowed down... but would occasionally check their site for deals.

    ReplyDelete