Thursday, October 28, 2021

More quarter cards

 Nearly through with the card show cards. Tonight should wrap it up. The first scan is just a misc. foursome that somehow was not associated with the seller. The rest of this batch of quarter cards comes from Kyle.





I had high hopes on the vintage pulls from Kyle. I must have had a stack of 3 or 400 cards. But, I didn't want to buy any set build cards that I didn't need.



After checking them against my notebook only fifteen made the cut.




I did manage to salvage the stacks of non vintage cards pulled from Kyle's boxes. I really can't check to see if I need them. 







I probably should clarify that Kyle's boxes are dollar boxes, but I get a good discount due to volume.


















Yep, even an Earl Battey autograph. Back in 1992 (maybe 93') he had a bunch of stuff at his card shop that I stumbled across. I remember buying an 8x10 autograph from him personally and having a chat. He was very kind, a nice guy. He lived in Ocala, as did a lot of retired ball players.


Now, that the last card show posts are over, I can get to some of those "recovered" scans from my old laptop and those should carry me until the next show haul. 


3 comments:

  1. Well, the auto Battey wins it.

    I like the Schmidt / Rose and the post-career Aarons and Younts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great cards here, like the one with the Dennis Martinez autograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch, I probably should have stated the auto above.

      Delete