Monday, July 8, 2019

Did I miss it?

This weekend was the Jacksonville card show, and I did not go for the 2nd month in a row. I saved a boatload of money by not going these last two months, so I opted to try and break a record within the OCT (old card traders) group. I took the money not spent there and used it for postage for trade packages for the group. I currently hold the record for the most trades made with a "trading period" (3 months). I'm going to bust it this period by blasting over 500 trades made. I'm already close with 5 weeks in and over 400. My old record was like 498, because a few people did not get their acknowledgements in in a timely fashion. So, I am making sure it is done this time. It has been a blast bombarding five of the guys. Kind of like the wars between Matt & Wes.  So I ask......Did I miss the show? No, I've been having fun, and then there is the return fire that dwindles in (over a long period).

These cards came in on Saturday from Chris Behrend.







The Stargell was the highlight of course.


Today I got 3 more PWE's. One was lined with 2003 Fleer Tradition set build needs.

Here is another one from Bob D'Angelo:



I didn't need the mini, Bob thought it was a parallel. I already have 2 of those Hank Aaron's. I had a beat up copy in the Braves originally, but upgraded that one and shifted it to the set build. Now I will have to shift it over to the Aaron PC.  This one is going to the set build.


The highlight of today's mail:




A very nice 1953 Topps for the team set. Courtesy of Jim Craig. Jim and I went to a Braves game last year (he lives in Delaware). My brother and cousin were there too, I posted about the trip. Yeah, getting cards like these everyday.....no I didn't miss a darn thing.


Have a great night!

5 comments:

  1. That is a lot of trading! I get stressed out over having to mail out just one package... a couple hundred in such a short time frame would probably do me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOUR plus in the last 6 weeks within just that group. I've sent out a bunch through the blogs too. It's fun.

      Delete
    2. 400? USPS needs to feature you on a stamp. I can picture all of the postal tellers shouting "John"... just like Cheers did for Norm... when you walk into your local post office.

      Delete
    3. Just passed 450 with tomorrow's mail. I mail them right out of my mailbox. No trip to the PO for those. All PWE's.

      Delete