Saturday, December 3, 2022

COMPLETED SET: 2001 BOWMAN'S BEST

 The winner Friday night was: Tom (Angels in Order).


It has been a minute (or two) since I posted a completed set. As per usual with Bowman's Best, I have only completed the base set without the short printed rookies.





















I like this set, the only thing I would have preferred is if the background image (of the fans) wasn't blurred. Anyways, there are 50 short print rookies which include Pujols and Ichiro, those are going to be boogers for sure, so if you have them just send them my way.... I'll appreciate it I promise.


11 comments:

  1. The gold ones look much better than the others. I like the laser design too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the short printed rookies annoyingly in the middle of the set so you have holes in the middle of your set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bowmans Best is pretty good at putting them at the end, some years there are 10ish to 50ish, and a few 100. Dont like those. Finest has a few sets that scatter the SPs in the middle and the end.

      Delete
  3. Wow those are pretty. I won! Anything I need to do now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might be the scan, but some of those gold ones look a lot better than some of the others. Not sure if that's true in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cards. I got a bunch of them with a box of Bowman cards I bought. Sorry, none were the SP's. Congratulations to Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must own zero cards from this set. I don't recognize it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Design-wise, this one looks a lot better than it's 90's counterparts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a fan of shiny cards, I like this set. Whenever I come across them I get excited because they're shiny like refractor parallels, but then remember that every card is like this.

    ReplyDelete