Monday, December 26, 2022

Masonic Monday and some free baseball cards too.

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was for the most part. You all know I no likey the cold, and when you're in North Central Florida being able to wear shorts on Christmas day is something I look forward too. Yeah, that wasn't the case this year. Still cold at 7:30 a.m. as I write this, but at least it is only 32 compared to the 18 degrees the last two mornings. burr. I know many of you had much more severe weather even in GA it was single digits with below zero wind chill. Busted or frozen pipes all over. I just pray everything is okay at the house in Valdosta as closing is tomorrow and I really don't want or need any problems. I'll find out later today as I head back and will spend the night one last time (I hope). That is the reason for the early post today and the explanation of why I will NOT be posting tomorrow. 

With that said the winner Friday night was none other than the Night Owl.













Joss is one of those Masons baseball players that I'm pretty sure I got part 2 of. Once I move my stuff back home I'll know for sure. My mind is all over the place this last week, so I may need to retract the 2nd Joss, lol.









9 comments:

  1. Interesting as always. I doubt many of todays fans have even heard of Joss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Maybe by the time you get something mailed to me, the mail person will have made it through the 5 feet of snow we've received since Friday. I haven't gotten mail since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the house. I'd heard of Joss but he was just a name to me. The way he died, and the fact that the players had to threaten to strike to get the game postponed so they could go to the funeral, are stark reminders of just how different the world was back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything goes smoothly at the closing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the story. Frozen pipes are no fun, hope you don't have any to deal with

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I don't think I've heard of Joss. Good luck with the closing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.89 ERA? WOW! I think much of the USA has been in a deep freeze. We actually got above zero today. You know it is cold when the water in a heated water dish for animals freezes. Congratulations to Night Owl. Best to you as you close on the property.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a good Christmas sir

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite one so far. Hopefully you do still have part 2.

    ReplyDelete