Tuesday, December 20, 2022

A little Holiday spirit and some Free baseball cards

 The winner last night was: Derek..... back to back!


Now, to kick off this holiday week with a little Holiday spirit. After all, it has been a good week for me. I am home, although I had to drive back to Valdosta this past weekend just to drip the faucets as it was 20+ degrees Sunday night and might even hit the teens on Christmas morning (might even snow in Ocala). Not that I consider that a good day (I prefer shorts and flip flops on Christmas). My daughter from Ft. Myers is on call this weekend so she drove up and had lunch with me yesterday, exchanged gifts (alas the cards posted tonight). Making progress in my garage and in the house here to bring my cards home. Even got to watch my other daughter make cookies with my grandson (I helped by eating a couple). I got a 2nd estimate to cut, clear, and grind up the small forest growing in my back yard and that one was half the cost of the 1st. (Always get a 2nd estimate or opinion). Just a great week, I could throw out several more blessings but I'm sure that you want to see some baseball cards.





So as a gift from my oldest I got cards (I also got some from my youngest too). As a reward to my self I matched my kids gift, :). The shelves were loaded again at my local just around the corner Walmart. I picked up 8 boxes of this years 2022 Topps Holiday. 

Those are the Braves team above. Included is 1 metallic.





There are 19 Ornaments this year.




I got 1 double relic. There are 49 in this years set. Odd I know, but oh well. I obviously got my complete set done. I didn't scan the set and you know why. I will say this, Topps mixed it up some. There are tons of rookies/prospects if you will that weren't in the base or update sets. Heck a few Braves I never heard of until I opened these. I am lacking just 3 cards for a complete 2nd set that I will probably have a "SPECIAL" giveaway for in the coming year (maybe it will be complete by then). It would be complete now but my PC's and other mini collections come first, you understand. 

The SP, SSP, and SSSP (sp, rare, super rare) variations is always a chase set for me. Of course I have yet to complete any of them to date. Below you will see the ones I pulled from these 8 boxes (and no I didn't even come close to taking half of the boxes on the shelf). LOADED, love it. Another great thing this week and yesterday was just Monday!




These are the 1 SP's plus the first two below.



The cards after the Red Metallic (1:92 odds) are the SSP (rare).


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!




20 comments:

  1. Yay me! Thanks, received some cool Jays pocket schedules the other day. Always get a kick out of the ornament cards. Kind of a fun gimmick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Derek on another win. Thank you for sharing your blessings. One can never get too many of those. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well and everyone else who sees this. -9F degrees as I type this. Heading much lower this weekend. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did have a busy week. And you got some really cool cards! Merry Christmas to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job eating the cookies!! I think my faves are the Vlad metallic and the Witt ssp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great couple of days (aside from the cold weather. I don’t care for it either). I like the look of the red Guerrero. Too bad those are such tough pulls. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find the candy cane sleeve SPs disturbing - it looks their arms were sliced open to reveal the red and white beneath. On that note, merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you get snow where you are. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the look of the holiday cards a lot. Almost enough to try and seek them out for myself, almost. Happy holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to mention that I got my winnings today - thank you! They are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, my Walmart had two boxes of Archives, a couple Select boxes and something basketball and that was IT. And I though that was good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surprised that Topps got the holiday set out kinda on time! Thanks for sharing the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These Holiday cards are the best yet, definitely need all the Tigers cards.
    Got a box at Walmart, got a JD Martinez tree hanger.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay you made me check the CL for this out and WTF of *all* the guys Topps could've added to the Giants CL who they didn't have in S1/2/U they chose Colton Welker?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know... The holiday thing is played out to me..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous you got to open some Holiday. I can't find it for my son (Unless I want to pay $40+ on eBay). I don't have a Walmart near me!

    Hope you enjoyed spending time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really not looking forward to this coming arctic blast!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the red metallic a lot more than the normal base design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 8 boxes of Topps Holiday sounds like a lot of fun, but cookies with your grandson and daughter is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those holiday cards are sweet looking, I may have to start collecting them.

    ReplyDelete