Monday, December 12, 2022

Masonic Monday: A little baseball history and the FREE cards too.

 A new Monday theme: Masonic Monday. I was going to wait until the New Year to start this, but My scan folder is getting "thick" with them. I still have a bunch more to scan (will be home to do that probably). That should last quite a while with just the baseball related ones. After which I will scan up a bunch that fit into other collectible areas for me, and then even more of interesting people from History. I love history it is my nature and thus I should have this them going for all of 2023 and maybe a few into 2024, we'll have to see. I do regret that I threw out thousands of these booklets without even glancing at them. No telling who was on those covers. But spilt milk it is, no tears time to get moving (literally).


Friday night's winner was Nick V.


















I hope you folks enjoyed a little baseball history, and maybe even learned a thing or two. This theme obviously was inspired by my late Uncle Fred. Just another way for me to pay tribute to him. If all goes well, the next edition of this theme will be from my home in Florida. Although, there could be a hiccup reagrding me having the ability to post (IE: internet etc.). I won't know that until I am back home permanently, so if you notice a missed post or two that is why. 

Tomorrow, will be the post that I need your input. 

11 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I wish I had access to your garbage cans if that's the kind of things you throw out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Georgia Peach was an interesting fellow.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ty Cobb-Oliver Hardy connection is an interesting one, didn't know about that previously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the upcoming move and getting internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I have homework for later. Readings from reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Nick V. Neat connection. Laurel & Hardy have always been one of my favorite comedy duos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all goes smoothly heading back to FL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. I comment when I comment (he says commenting on a post two days late) so that's a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm too far behind card posts to read these scans... plus I was hung up on the fact that you tossed thousands of these away. I would have dove into the dumpster to sift through some of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back when I was throwing them away I didn't realize that some of them had baseball players and other historical figures. I just assumed they were people I never heard of and when finding a box here and there would trash them. Then one day the top booklet had the Cobb I just posted. Too late by then most were already gone, but I do believe I have more than a years worth counting the non baseball ones.

      Delete