Monday, February 8, 2021

Living by principles.

 Having a conscious is a good thing, especially when you do a good thing..... :)   I wrote the below post last night. I am currently modifying the title and the heading you're reading right now. I believe in living and dying for that matter by a set of principles. Now I could take this all political, but regardless of which side of the fence your on, it is still one sided, so I won't do that. And......you'll have to wait until the end of the post to see where it goes.  :)





I have nearly completed the Ornament set from 2020. Waiting on the Kershaw to come in. I just need Judge, Betts, Hiura, and Bichette. I'm getting there.  I have even managed a few for the PC's, and still have a Mike Trout and a Javier Baez for trade bait.





I'm also putting a big dent on the SP variations.




I need most of the Rare and all of the Super Rare.







I also have the complete base set. Rather than try to chase the boxes hitting Walmart, I did the math. When you can buy a set on line for the cost of 2 Mega blasters which still doesn't give you a complete set. It was an easy do. In fact I bought two sets on Ebay and all of the Ornaments, and variations. One of the complete sets is to keep, and the other one to break up for the PC and Braves needs. DONE.


HERE IS THE ADDITION TO THE POST.

I had to go to Walmart today for some fruits and other things, and as per my tradition it always starts at the card aisle.




FIVE boxes and I grabbed them all and put into my buggy/cart.




2021 Topps. 16 blasters, and I grabbed all of them too!




I did not grab those fat packs and hanger boxes. Now if you do the math, that is nearly $500.00 in blasters ALONE. Then I jumped from the card aisle and over to the pharmacy area, grabbed what I needed from there. The whole time my mind is telling me "what the hell are you doing? I knew I had to put those back, but I quickly went over to the grocery section and picked up what I needed there. I forgot to mention the vendor was at the card aisle when I first got there. Needless to say, I was surprised when I went back to the card aisle to return the cards and he was still there Hell he only had one big box to put on the shelves, and I took 80% of it. He was on his cell phone talking about a job opening somewhere. Either way, I told him that I was going to re-stock his shelf. I put the cards back checked out and that it the moral of the story. I can't believe I was going to go against the very thing I can stand. Not to mention, what a waste of money that would have been. That is why I have steered clear of busting current year blasters and wax for the last few years. It is so much cheaper to buy the sets and singles I actually want. As for chasing the Holiday inserts, way cheaper to just buy what I need there too. 


That's it. 


10 comments:

  1. Great progress on the holiday sets. Good on your will power. I understand why you put them put them back but it's so much fun to bust blasters and hangers and packs. Just for the thrill of it. Great looking cards and good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ripping packs, but these last few years I reserve that for boxes at least 5 years old.

      Delete
  2. You go to Walmart for fruit? Is this common for people who live near a Walmart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Uncle eats it every day so it only lasts a week. Strawberries, blue berries, bananas, and cantaloupe. The blue berries last a couple of weeks, but the the others do not. The only difference in grocery stores down here is the price. The food is the same brand and all. You only have 3 grocery chains here, Winn Dixie, Publix, and a single (dirty) Piggly Wiggly. Walmart is is almost half of the cost of the other two. It is actually the farthest from me.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen card product out on retail shelves two full days before release. ... I would've put all but one back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started too, but decided to stick to my goal. And I know you. You would have gotten 1 blaster, 1 fat pack, and 1 hanger box. lol.

      Delete
  4. My Target used to get new stuff surprisingly early, sometimes even on the Monday of a new release, but the last year or two, they've been way late on putting stuff out (usually a week or two after the release date). You're the first blogger I've seen who's found 2021 Topps in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably would have grabbed one of those Holiday boxes... just so I could create a post for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice of you to put so many back...sadly I'm sure someone came right after you and wiped it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You probably would've been terribly disappointed with what you ended up with, and I would think that the money could be better spent elsewhere, so it's hard not to believe that you made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete