Friday, August 23, 2019

Have you ever......

Have you ever wondered why it seems like some players get the same number over and over. N.O. touched on this a bit in a recent post. I've been working on this "thought" for about a month.




My system for updating my Player collections, throws literally hundreds of one player at a time at me to check my list to see if I need a particular card. It is a very time consuming process, and this is the easiest part. 


Anyhow, I run across what seems to be the same number over and over again with just about all of my PC guys. Like the #711 with Andruw. I actually set these aside last month when they came up as dupes. I said I'm going to scan these up and check Beckett to see just how many there are. I haven't done the check yet, probably won't.



Here's a couple of dupes from the other day.

Griffey has them too, they all do or at least it seems that way.

So I ask, have you ever wondered, or better yet checked to see what card number pops up the most for a particular player?  Especially one that has at least a decade (or two) under their belts.

Be safe this weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Carlos Delgado has at least 15 distinct cards which are number 7. Granted most are from sets with very small checklists (2002 Fleer Genuine Names of the Game, a 30 card insert set, or 2000 King B Discs, a Pacific oddball also comprising 30 cards), although not all (2002 SPx). Still...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did a quick search on the 2 above plus a couple on Jr.

      Andruw has 13 cards #711 which does include parallels, and
      Ryne had 9 #398's. Jr, which I didn't scan had 14 #71's, but get this he had 787 different cards #1.

      Delete
  2. Uhh... not sure if I've looked into this or not. But I do know that my two favorite players... Gwynn and Henderson have rookie cards that share the same number: 1983 Topps #482 and 1980 Topps #482.

    ReplyDelete